S369 on the 7.3 platform yet??

Reaction score
Has anyone done any testing on the S369 BorgWarner setup yet on a 7.3 with mild to small competition injectors.. Kinda have been waiting to pull the trigger on a T4 setup to match my 250/200s. I would like to know if anyone is having any luck or if it's just a good turbo for the later platforms.

JDub

Reaction score
I think it's going to work really well on the 7.3 trucks, at least for a hot street application. May be worth it to pay the little bit extra for the 1.0 housing too

Reaction score
I'd like to see how this turbo pans out, I'd like to touch 600 to the ground and have a fairly clean setup.. I hate the current setup but am afraid to go to a 400 series, I really want to keep it streetable and between the Gear Head and PHP tunes the truck is very street friendly.. Bills tunes have substantially more oomph of course but that comes with a fair amount of smoke and I want to clear that up as quickly as I can..

JDub

Reaction score
I wasnt even sure BW had released this yet? You guys have a link where it can be bought?

They were released about a month ago, but none of the distributors have received their stocking orders yet. Should be ready to ship to customers in about two weeks.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The 1.0 housing with the 250/200's would be a pretty snappy rig.

Do you know the ind/exd on the compressor and turbine sides? As well as a/r? I figured Id ask you directly as you answer quick. But maybe J dub would know.

I have a pmr block and heads (junk) in my old garage and im going to build a set of compounds on it. No turbo in the valley either.

I have a 38r i wanted to use but i think im going to ditch it.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Do you know the ind/exd on the compressor and turbine sides? As well as a/r? I figured Id ask you directly as you answer quick. But maybe J dub would know.

I have a pmr block and heads (junk) in my old garage and im going to build a set of compounds on it. No turbo in the valley either.

I have a 38r i wanted to use but i think im going to ditch it.

Sweet! I was hoping you were going to follow through on this. Good luck!

thuglike

Reaction score
Compressor Specifications

◾Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
◾Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 91.4mm
◾Compressor Wheel Inducer: 69mm
◾Max Flow Rate: 97+ lb/min
◾Compressor Housing Connections:
◾Inlet: 4.0" Hose Coupler
◾Outlet: 2.5" Hose Coupler

Turbine Specifications
◾Turbine Type: Inconel S300SX Turbine Wheel
◾Turbine Wheel OD: 80mm
◾Housing Material: D5S sandcast
◾Housing size and A/R ratio: S300SXE 9180 is available in (3) different turbine housing configurations:
◾0.88 A/R T4 Single Scroll
◾0.91 A/R T4 Twin Scroll
◾1.00 A/R T4 Twin Scroll
◾Turbine outlet: 3" Marmon OR optional 3" Vband

360* thrust bearing

TyCorr

Reaction score
Sweet! I was hoping you were going to follow through on this. Good luck!

Yea. Its going to take time. Every good reason not to do it is present but its what I really want. Ive been disciplined with my $$$ to buy a new truck. I sold the duramax and saved another 20k but now that I have the cash to buy outright a king ranch how I want it. It hurts too hard to let go of the money.

The ford dealer asked to see my 00. I limped it in there on a healthy stock trans. Its in a "tow tune" but even with increased line pressure and keeping the comvertor locked if i go over 50% throttle it starts to hate it and when boost exceeds 15 lbs it starts slipping. Stock tune, no issues.

But Im running a race fuel system, rebuilt srp(sold t500), billet wheeled 38r, beehive valvesprings/h11 studs/hd pushrods, and hmmm im sure im forgetting something.

The ford dealer will give me 10 for it as it sits. 12 if I put the black seats and black carpet in. I thought it'd be worth 5 or 6 grand.

I need some more body pieces to get it painted but then im ok with having an old truck.

I can get a motor built for around 8k locally that will handle compounds.

My plan isnt conventional nor will the results if it works. The biggest issue now is if the turbos will drain oil correctly the way I want to do it. The guy I bounce ideas off of thinks it'll work fine once the lube oil pressure is factored in. The melling pump is quite a bit more powerful in volume and pressure compared to a stock lpop.

TyCorr

Reaction score
And my backup plan is 160/30s and a 38r with a hd4r100...or the built one Ill order here soon. Im going back and forth between rudys and twisted stg3

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea? A couple guys running 5rs from rudy love them.

Edit:have had a twisted stg 2 already. Its in a bts customer truck who got tired of waiting. My truck sat and sat so I sold it to him as it was for his worktruck.

Michael Dimock

Reaction score
Not a 369, but am waiting on the SXE's to come in! Going to have a 364.5 SXE modded to a 68 turbine wheel with a 1.0 housing. Will be interested to see how the 369 does on larger injectors than my 160/30's.

Latest posts

Members online