S468 and stage 2s

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
considering a S468 and running it with my stage 2s for awhile until i can afford to finish building up my motor to run a set of 250s. What kind of experience does guys have running that combo? Is the turbo laggy on the bottom end pulling heavy loads with just 2s for that sized of charger?
truck is a work truck pulling gooseneck trailors and a DD.

Black 02

Reaction score
Depends on gears/tires and how fast you want to go over a pass.

I have the mods in the sig below. I could pull a 12k trailer over the cascades in Oregon at 65mph easy, but it had to be in drive. Overdrive didn't give me enough boost. I have 3:73's though, so 37's didn't help.

We have a 5k boat that I could do whatever I wanted. Steep hills, I still would need just drive, not OD. Unless I was doing 90mph.... :redspotdance:

Just driving on it's own, it's awesome.

Give Matt at Full Force a call about that combo. He sold me my kit. He ran it on his OBS also.

Tell him I sent you and maybe I can get a free set of hybrids.... :morons::morons:

ryanss22

Reaction score
What other supporting mods do you have to your truck? Ie fuel system, gauges, studs, hpop, tuneing?? We need a lil more info about what you plan on towing and on your truck setup.. By stage 2's I'm assuming 160/80-100 nozzles.. I don't see a problem with that setup at all for towing, keep it outa OD and you should be fine.

mattman347

Reaction score
I ran the S468 with stage 2's and it worked great. What gears are you running? It was a temporary combo for me though, right after I installed the S468 we went drag racing and I ended up blowing a head gasket, I had been running a D-66 for two years and never had an issue. It did have way more top end with the 468 for sure!

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
Depends on gears/tires and how fast you want to go over a pass.
373 gears with 35s. I won't have to worry about to many passes because where I tow is generally flat land compared to most places.
What other supporting mods do you have to your truck? Ie fuel system, gauges, studs, hpop, tuneing?? We need a lil more info about what you plan on towing and on your truck setup.. By stage 2's I'm assuming 160/80-100 nozzles.. I don't see a problem with that setup at all for towing, keep it outa OD and you should be fine.
will be doing studs/springs/rods at same time as turbo. not sure on tunes yet, probably try someone else. ran tonys tunes for years and now Cales. also got another motor at home i'm in the process of tearing down for a complete rebuild/machine work so it will all go into that motor in a few years when i have enough $ to finish.
Will be running 250s in that motor(found a good deal for 500$ for a set, just needs checked)
I ran the S468 with stage 2's and it worked great. What gears are you running?
i think after taxes i might see if i can get one, and possibly sell my S366 and gain some $ back.
Matt: what gate would you recommend? i've talked with alot of guys and they run the 46mm gate

mattman347

Reaction score
Yeah, the turbo smart gate is shorter and fits on the up pipes on a Super-duty better than others. In reality with an S468, and 250's, I don't think you will need a gate.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
i wasn't sure if i would or not with a turbo of that size. in a perfect world i could buy them 250s and put them right in the same time i do turbo. except i'd be to nervous to run that setup without the proper supporting mods that will keep from widowing the block or losing my heads

97stoker350

Reaction score
you wont need a gate my truck in my sig is about 1:1 boost spikes to 40 and settles at 35. cant recall what marty said bp was. i could tell you if my gauge was working right right now lol

Stroker#66

Reaction score
The s468 spools very nice and has a power punch for what it is. I'm runnning one with billet wheel and race cover and I see 53lbs at wot with my 250/200s

Bair

Reaction score
Sounds like you got your question answered but for the record, I'm running an s366/74/1.00 with th stock 90cc injectors in my obs. Not sure how the 2 turbos compare but I have no complaints with how it spools. My biggest issue is that I have 3.55 gears.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
i'm running the 66/74/.91 currently with 160/80s.
i've decided that i'm just going to keep the charger and run a gate, and i'm going to add a billet wheel.
will probably try to find someone to trade a set of 250s that i bought localy for their 238s

Bair

Reaction score
Junkie will be able to answer better. But I would think you'll want a gate with those injectors. Going with a billet wheel should help to offset the slower spooling with a waste gate.

Latest posts

Members online