s475 I need help!

obspsd

Reaction score
That's what I'm lookin for, if only I can figure out what's goin on with mine that is restricting it

mattman347

Reaction score
Does it run smooth or does it have a little shake to it? Im just wondering if something in the valve train is messed up and not timing the valve opening right creating more resistance in the drive pressure and less boost. Just a thought, i may be way off base!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Just for giggles - do a compression test.

Also - lets start seeing some pictures of this thing - maybe its something obvious to the guys that have been there done that just by looking at it - if nothing else it would give us a reference.

obspsd

Reaction score
I thought valves could be a issue but I did compression test already and it was 400psi on all 8. I figured this ruled out any valve issues. I try to take some pics tonight. I need all the help I can get

obspsd

Reaction score
Don't laugh that thought already crossed my mind. I'm getting desperate

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I thought valves could be a issue but I did compression test already and it was 400psi on all 8. I figured this ruled out any valve issues. I try to take some pics tonight. I need all the help I can get

Good compression - but obviously doesn't lead to an immediate conclusion.

The hood stack is a good troubleshooting start - it doesn't cost much more than some pipe, a little time, and a beer for a buddy to help take the hood off.

obspsd

Reaction score
Good compression - but obviously doesn't lead to an immediate conclusion.

The hood stack is a good troubleshooting start - it doesn't cost much more than some pipe, a little time, and a beer for a buddy to help take the hood off.

what do you mean by doesnt lead to immediate conclusions? doesnt good compression mean good headgasket and valves are seating properly? or could i have issues under boost that the compreesion test wont see?

brian- i'm gonna get that pipe from you

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
what do you mean by doesnt lead to immediate conclusions? doesnt good compression mean good headgasket and valves are seating properly? or could i have issues under boost that the compreesion test wont see?

brian- i'm gonna get that pipe from you

I mean I was hoping that you were going to say you tested the compression and it was all over the map - possibly indicating that your valves weren't sealing and causing most of your symptoms. Obviously if it was 400 across the board - that is not the case.

obspsd

Reaction score
oh ok i misunderstood, i thought you were saying i could still have valve problems with a good compression test. i was kinda upset too when i saw 400 on all 8 haha. at this point i dont care what the problem is i just want to find something

obspsd

Reaction score
Ok guys I got some pics, the hotside Intercooler pipe was off the truck and I didn't feel like putting it on but I'm positive that it has nothing to do with my problem. However after checking everything else I'm starting to think my downpipe is the problem. It is homemade and worked well with my s366 but I think it might have met its match with the s475. Tell me what you think
a9cf66f9.png

Latest posts

Members online