sad day

powerstroke451

Reaction score
Well I picked up my 2011 F250 today aftwr having exhaust and sinister delete put on. Got home and loaded my 165 tune from spartan and wenr out and got on her.. most power I have ever been in and BAM! blew the block off plate off the exhaust manifold clean off. Got her towed back to the shop where tomorrow they will figure out what's next. Possibly tig welding the block off plate on

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Wow, I have never seen anyone blow the blocking plate off the manifold before. That would take a ton of back pressure

powerstroke451

Reaction score
Yeah I was surprised myself. I know a lot of people run the warhammer 200 tune and have spoke about the power and I wasn't even go that hard

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Did they not instal the blocker plate correctly or something? I don't know how it could be done wrong but I don't see how it could rip all those threads out. Something had to be wrong

powerstroke451

Reaction score
When they took the egr out the bolts broke inside the exhaust manifold so the drilled and tapped it and in guessing that exhaust manifold is made of cast steel considering the time it too to drill out. But idk they're gonna try and tig weld it tomorrow I believe after I give the ok just wanted thoughts on that

BlueOx

Reaction score
When they took the egr out the bolts broke inside the exhaust manifold so the drilled and tapped it and in guessing that exhaust manifold is made of cast steel considering the time it too to drill out. But idk they're gonna try and tig weld it tomorrow I believe after I give the ok just wanted thoughts on that

The bolts holding the EGR tubes broke? That's crazy! And as far as the rig welding goes, that's defiantly an idea if your not at all worried about warranty issues or emissions testing. Keep us updated

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

neverkickn

Reaction score
Maybe they didn't do a good job taping out the hole. I would helicoil it personally but it's your truck.

powerstroke451

Reaction score
Yeah the warranty is almost up and the tech at my dealership is my uncle and said not to worry. And as far as emmisions, I'm from a small farm town in colorado so hopefully I don't need to worry about it. I'm just hoping the weld can hold that much pressure

powerstroke451

Reaction score
And helicoiling is not a bad idea I didn't tgink about that. Thank you. I'm gonna run that by the shop and see what they think

Reaction score
ive had to helicoil them, i tell customers, if the bolts break in the manifolds we might have to drill it out..and 4 times ive had to. let us know how it goes..

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I have found the best way to not break the bolts is to undo them on a cold motor. But in your case I would have them helicoil them instead of welding.

BlueOx

Reaction score
I have found the best way to not break the bolts is to undo them on a cold motor. But in your case I would have them helicoil them instead of welding.

I was wondering the same thing. If the motor was cold, it would seem to have less tension on the bolts.

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

Lococoin

Reaction score
Can you post a picture of what you are talking about. This newbie has no idea what part broke. Thx.

powerstroke451

Reaction score
20130514_165909_zps013e5bcb.jpg
[/IMG]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.