Safest tune on 6.0

sybratron3000

Reaction score
I'm looking into a 2004 6.0 Excursion. I'm going to be doing an EGR ******, 5" straight pipe, and head studs. Other than that the truck is going to be stock other than some weight reduction and gauges. What is the safest tune that this truck will be able to handle?

patricku47

Reaction score
I run Gear Heads SRL+ daily on my 03 and love it. It seems to get the best mileage, and has plenty of power on tap when I need it.

white59rt

Reaction score
Any approximate HP and torque numbers?

I personally wouldnt get caught up too much in HP and TQ numbers - all the tunes will be real close - every truck seems to like a certain tune/tuner - finding that is the hard part. I would personally get the tune that drives the best for you, you will never know the difference power wise. I actually run a tow tune for my daily and I find it shifts better than any performance I have tried so I stick with it - it also is a fairly powerful tune. I find my self driving my performance tunes at 3/4 throttle to get them to act right on my truck - basically you just learn how to drive it. With my tow tuner from Windrunner I can just put my foot to through the firewall if I want to and it shifts right every time and runs great.

JMO. But you will have to hunt tuners/tunes most likely and do a few revisions to get what you like.

Mdub707

Reaction score
As long as you're studding the truck properly, you can run any tune you want. I wouldn't recommend towing on a hot tune though. Get a good hot tune and a good tow tune and enjoy. I usually run ********** Extreme Street, but lately been running Extreme X.

It's pretty hard to define "safe" when it comes to these trucks. Your driving habits and how you use your truck will play a role.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
I just put 4 straight on my ex. Not sure if I have to put muffler in yet or not. Way louder than any truck.

Latest posts

Members online