Same issue after another 5r110w install

JIMS SVT

Reaction score
Nothing currently since its on a bench in pieces. He said everything looks almost new.I know when it was in the truck I took the test port plug out and nothing was coming out of it.

JIMS SVT

Reaction score
Its just starnge that the old trans had codes for solenoid d and clutches. Then it would get to the point it would slip bad. Put a know good trans in with 50k miles and a brand new converter and get basicly the same thing. Thats why I thought it could be electrical.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
The pump wasn't pumping. That port is in the line pressure circuit. SOMETHING is wrong inside that trans because there is ZERO line pressure. It could be that the converter wasn't seated in the pump, but that usually damages the gears. I can't think of another way for this to happen.

JIMS SVT

Reaction score
So after the guy took the trans apart it looked new. put it back together and now only moves forward. It drive or neutral. No reverse either. Same solinoid 3 code and a speed senser code now. Put a new harness in also. Any more ideas.

Reaction score
So after the guy took the trans apart it looked new. put it back together and now only moves forward. It drive or neutral. No reverse either. Same solinoid 3 code and a speed senser code now. Put a new harness in also. Any more ideas.

Forward clutches are welding themselves together. You have a bad pump most likely.

JIMS SVT

Reaction score
The trans was just completely tore down and everything looked like new and was reassembled. Clutches and pump. Maybe a mile on it after putting it back in.

JIMS SVT

Reaction score
That's not going to do any good. Last trans did the same exact thing. Codes and all. If had 190k. This one had 50k and a new converter,solenoid,08 pan and new cooler and did the same thing.

Reaction score
The pump wasn't pumping. That port is in the line pressure circuit. SOMETHING is wrong inside that trans because there is ZERO line pressure. It could be that the converter wasn't seated in the pump, but that usually damages the gears. I can't think of another way for this to happen.

I just got a "new" pump from Ford for one. Made it a week and blew up. Welded the forward clutches together. Only visible damage with the pump was some scoring in the gear case, but I guess that was enough to do it.

JIMS SVT

Reaction score
Took the truck to a different shop. He found a valve stuck in the pump and the clutches welded together. So totally new rebuild with new pump and everything. Forward clutches was welded together. Now it has a bad 3-5 flare so I'm told. He didn't drive it far just enough to see this so no codes. Wtf is wrong with this truck? Could it be the computer?

Last edited:

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
A 3-5 flare on a new trans is not unusual. Some driving with light throttle shifts will often clear that up.

Has the computer been disconnected to clear the memory? If the memory is loaded with values learned from the old trans it isn't going to shift well at all with the new trans.

Latest posts

Members online