Scanner maybe giving me wrong oil temp reading???

06 stroker

Reaction score
So I had my scanner on my truck just checking stuff out and when I was checking my oil temp it was 250*. So I figured well the cooler is obviously plugged so I put a new cooler on today(and also changed the stc fitting on the hpop to the newest upgrade) and when I was done I put the scanner back on. It is still reading my oil temp at 250* ish. My coolant temp is right at 195 and nothing is acting funky. Could I just be getting a faulty reading from the scanner or the oil temp sensor??? Thanks for any feedback

Zmann

Reaction score
don't have the ohm specs handy to test sorry

when it's cold after sitting does it read the same as the ECT

Zmann

Reaction score
post what ? I have 3 post ?
if it's the diagram it just shows the sender if you weren't aware of it's location

I always start with the most info even if you already know where it is located it may help someone doing a search

Zmann

Reaction score
? I don't see a smiley on my end just the oil sender pic ??

get your truck started ? I never saw your new thread Mdub707

06 stroker

Reaction score
No I appreciate it. I'm aware of its location and just wonder if the sensor is giving a false reading. The eot flucuates with the ect almost exactly but it's always 50 so degrees off

Zmann

Reaction score
well either use the OHM specs in the link to test it or let it cool overnight they should both be close to the same temps on your scanner compared to the outside air temp

Mdub707

Reaction score
It comes up as a smiley on my phone lol. Still no go with my truck. Sorry to hijack here!

06Stroker have you let the truck sit overnight and tried it?

06 stroker

Reaction score
Checked this morning and had 90* for intake temp 90* for ect and 125* for eot. Think its safe to say the sensor is f-ed up

Zmann

Reaction score
good trouble shooting that should put your mind at ease

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.