Scanner maybe giving me wrong oil temp reading???

Mdub707

Reaction score
I hear ya man. At least it's fixed, mines still sitting in the driveway as a boat anchor currently... Of course I made my last truck payment last month, now... no start!

a2elvis

Reaction score
So I had my scanner on my truck just checking stuff out and when I was checking my oil temp it was 250*. So I figured well the cooler is obviously plugged so I put a new cooler on today(and also changed the stc fitting on the hpop to the newest upgrade) and when I was done I put the scanner back on. It is still reading my oil temp at 250* ish. My coolant temp is right at 195 and nothing is acting funky. Could I just be getting a faulty reading from the scanner or the oil temp sensor??? Thanks for any feedback

I have seen the Genisis give inaccurate readings on the oil temp specifically with the 6.0L diesel.

Chances are the scan tool is not correct. If you have another type of data monitor check the readings again.

06 stroker

Reaction score
Hahah yea its good knowing people. Well I hooked up the snap on scanner and had 2* diff!!!!! Man I'm glad its where it should be but wish I didn't go through the cost of the cooler and my time to do it. O well I know its good now. Lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.