Schaeffer's Diesel Treat 2000 vs Opti-Lube XPD, which one should I run?

brkncly

Reaction score
I was wondering between these two fuel additives which one is better? I've researched both of them and I see that Opti-Lube XPD placed second in the lubricity test and the Schaeffer's Diesel Treat 2000 placed like 6th. I'm looking to quiet down, clean and lube the injectors, an added bonus would be to improve MPG. Economically which one is bang for the buck? Ultimately I'm looking for the best all around fuel additive. So between just these two, what are you running, thanks!

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Sorry for the derail but what was the best for lubricity? I have used the Schaffers before and had good results. Went back to the Ford additive because I got a SMOKIN deal on a case of it.

713Diesel

Reaction score
With Optilube it feels like the motor runs better but I would not be surprised if that is all in my head. I do get about 1 MPG better which if I do my math correct the additive does not pay for itself but it makes me feel better.

What someone told me, and I have not data to back this up, is that these additives help prevent damage in the instance that you get a bad tank of diesel that has water in it. Not sure if that is true or not.

tommyboy#1

Reaction score
Have you tried stanadyne? It is proven and has a significant amount of r&d. Its the same company that made the fuel systems for the old idi fords and the old chevys before the dmax.

713Diesel

Reaction score
I have ran Stynadyne also as well as the Ford additive and as stated before I run optilube also. I have had the same results with all three. I think it runs better and I get about 1 MPG better with all three. I buy whatever I can get a deal on. A local speed/mechanic/diesel shop orders it in bulk and they let me know if I need any and they will cut me a deal on a box of whatever they are ordering.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Optilube crushed everything in independent testing for lubricity, including stanadyne. XPD formula was the best against everything besides 5% bio diesel. I use XPD in my 6.0 all the time.

shvlhead78

Reaction score
I have used all the Scheaffer products and tried others but go back to the Scheaffers
I now use there Soyshield and it seems to return the best mpgs it is an all season product also so no need to buy a summer / winter supplement. And the price is right

cory151

Reaction score
Optilube is just awesome in my 6.4. Although I used to use Stanadyne but I went back to Opti as the lubricity is what Im looking for regarding injector and HP FP longevity.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Optilube crushed everything in independent testing for lubricity, including stanadyne. XPD formula was the best against everything besides 5% bio diesel. I use XPD in my 6.0 all the time.
I use the XDP stuff also. Works good. Got a few guys at work using it now also. The 6.0 I used 2-stroke oil also.

cory151

Reaction score
Here is where I get mine. A gallon lasts me about 4-6 months since I supplement much of my long driving with my beater Prius. :naughty:

Id love to know what that stuff is made of so I could try and get it right from the source.

Last edited:

Extended Power

Reaction score
Here is where I get mine. A gallon lasts me about 4-6 months since I supplement much of my long driving with my beater Prius. :naughty:

Id love to know what that stuff is made of so I could try and get it right from the source.

.....hmmmm...did you post it with invisible ink?LOL

713Diesel

Reaction score
If you like it better stock up. I read on a couple of other site's that a few additive companies are about to hit us up with a 25% price increase.

Latest posts

Members online