School me on Goosenecks

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
My B&W has never gotten stuck, but I'm also running a bed cover so I'm sure that helps. I had it stick 1 time in my 6.0 with no bed cover but it was because I had hauled a load of dirt in the bed, and the left over got rained on before I got it swept out and the mud caked around it. Got it out and cleaned it, and got the bed cleaned out and it never stuck again.

I have used a B&W, but never owned one. I would recommend them to anyone. I also run a bed cover, and that helps keep everything clean underneath. I have a Ford Removable, and honestly, it tows very well... If you get the newer trucks, and use their parts, it goes on and off pretty easily, and once you find a good cap for the ball mount, it will stay clean no matter how much dirt you throw in there. I also think that Ford part goes in every bit as easily if not easier that the B&W, with no wires to pull or push, just the head of the ball that needs to be operated to install and remove...

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Hasn't anyone built their own? We've done a bunch of them, about $100 for steel plate, ball and bolts. As strong as anything on the market.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Hasn't anyone built their own? We've done a bunch of them, about $100 for steel plate, ball and bolts. As strong as anything on the market.

A buddy and me did that, a looooong time ago, and it worked well. But the new ones are pretty well built, and the bed is fully functional as well. If I had the choice, I would get what I run now, as opposed to building another one.

B585Ford

Reaction score
A buddy and me did that, a looooong time ago, and it worked well. But the new ones are pretty well built, and the bed is fully functional as well. If I had the choice, I would get what I run now, as opposed to building another one.

I had a DIY in and I loved it. It is definitely stronger than any you can buy. I eventually had to take it off cause when I started doing commercial hauling, I was told the DOT needs a rating from the manufacturer. Since I was the manufacturer, I told them it was good for 50k, but they didn't agree.LOLLOLLOL

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I had a DIY in and I loved it. It is definitely stronger than any you can buy. I eventually had to take it off cause when I started doing commercial hauling, I was told the DOT needs a rating from the manufacturer. Since I was the manufacturer, I told them it was good for 50k, but they didn't agree.LOLLOLLOL

LOL LOL LOL LOL Awesome!

I tried calling you back, but got a message. Hit me again tomorrow, and if I dont answer, I get crap for reception in my office, But I will call back as soon as I get it.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
I have used B&W, Drop-n-lock and Unigoose.

I like the drop-n-lock the best

NO springs to rust or break
NO mechanical pins to freeze up
NO hinges to bind up
NO bars to bend under pressure
NO levers under bed to pull
NO bed removal
NO welding

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
I chose to sell. Install and become a b&w dealer years ago even though the uni-goose is built 3 miles from me and I know the owner. The b&w always installs easily and they have a no questions asked warranty. Often when I install a hitch on a truck I will see the owner of uni-goose on my lot with a tape measure LOL.
If you want a diy check out the Atwood center section. It works well but with some heavy use it can become sloppy side to side. Easily repairable with a lil welding and grinding.
But as far as flexibility goes nothing beats the b&w

Sent from my mobile using crapatalk 4

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
B&W here also. Came with the truck. Used it a few times and it made me never want to bumper pull again. You can adapt an RV to GN easily. I love mine.

7.3 Cowboy

Reaction score
I have Reese rails in my truck and I hate them the ball sits up over a inch taller the rails Re in the way, you have to remove 4 pins to take the plate off and it's only rated for 20k and has four bolts on it. It's getting replaced with a b&w. we have installed several b&w and never took a bed off

UnrepentantSinner

Reaction score
I have the B&W in 4 pickups. They work great when new, but are all stuck now. We tried pulling on out the other day so we could slide a chemical shuttle in the pickup and it was a real beach.

Hooked a chain from the ball to a loader and bounced the pickup up and down a dozen times. Nothing. Oiled and beat on it with a sledge. Nothing. Finally got a hydraulic jack and put between the diff and the bottom of the ball and jacked it out.

Have a Reece unit in another truck and its ok, rails are always there.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
I don't think many RV's run a GN hitch though. But they can be adapted I hear. That is more cost involved, something to think about I imagine. If I am correct, IF...

ToMang07

Reaction score
I don't think many RV's run a GN hitch though. But they can be adapted I hear. That is more cost involved, something to think about I imagine. If I am correct, IF...

B&W Turnover ball works with their "Companion" 5th Wheel hitch. Installs right into the bed into the B&W Hitch.

B585Ford

Reaction score

B&W Turnover ball works with their "Companion" 5th Wheel hitch. Installs right into the bed into the B&W Hitch.

They are also coming out with adapter to use for ATVs and stuff. I really like that once you get the frame mount, you can use it for GN, 5th wheel, and now a whole bunch of other things as needed.

ToMang07

Reaction score
They are also coming out with adapter to use for ATVs and stuff. I really like that once you get the frame mount, you can use it for GN, 5th wheel, and now a whole bunch of other things as needed.

I like that feature too. I have never used their stuff but I'm looking to get a new bed or flatbed in a few months, and when I do I'm planning a GN hitch, which is why I've been following this thread.

If I do go with B&W (And probably will) I will certainly lube the crap out of the ball and un/reinstall it regularly so it doesn't seize. I REALLY like the idea of using the companion hitch setup.

hiniker88

Reaction score
Putting one in my truck hopefully next week or so. I'm going to keep the ball behind the beck seat till I need it so it doesn't seize into the hitch

Goose

Reaction score
I have a B&W and its alright. Personally I like the Reese bed rails better that way you can pull a GN or RV by just pulling 4 pins. And you don't have to remove the bed for install. That's why I have one B&W and two Reese bed rails in our 3 trucks.

I removed my bed rails and put in a actual hitch.

Ask Joe, AKA "House", how those bed rails worked out for him a few years ago.

I run B&W and only B&W.