school me on sweet rimzz

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and just go with a 20" rim. I went back and forth with 16's and now that my new truck has 20's ill never go smaller. Tires for a 20" wheel aren't as horrible as one would think on price either. The Cooper Zeon LTZ on my truck in a 275/55/20 is under 300 per tire and they seem good so far. You can also get take off's of new trucks and run those if you do mostly highway driving.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I guess I am just old... I don't get the 20" wheel deal? 16's look great, 17's look good, 18's is the biggest I would go on a truck...

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
I guess I am just old... I don't get the 20" wheel deal? 16's look great, 17's look good, 18's is the biggest I would go on a truck...

I always said the same thing until I got mine. When i was shopping for wheels for my old superduty everyone was all 22's and 20's and I just went with 16's and I was satisfied. Now that I have 20's on this one I am very happy with the look. To me the 20's fit the overall size of the truck better.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
what I don't want is big outrageous wheels that make the truck look like a pavement princess. it is after all still a work truck.

any issues with towing ? I Had a buddy who had some rims crack and come apart while he was on the highway towing a 10k# of gooseneck , luckily it was on the drive axle... to be honest it has me a little spooked.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I've been at 32,500 GVW and never cracked a wheel...

Not sure I would trust one of those fancy spokey wheels with that much weight.

Reaction score
what I don't want is big outrageous wheels that make the truck look like a pavement princess. it is after all still a work truck.

any issues with towing ? I Had a buddy who had some rims crack and come apart while he was on the highway towing a 10k# of gooseneck , luckily it was on the drive axle... to be honest it has me a little spooked.

I've been up to 28000 with 20" xds
Those rims are being used by a guy who hauls a fifth wheel camper all the time. The shorter sidewall seems to lessen sway imo

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Where are you rubbing? If leaf spring then negative will fix that. If it's your liner just cut it or pull it back. I ran 20x9 -12 with 35 12.5 on my leveled 02 and had to trim liner

285's should not rub stock. i ran 22x9.5 with 0mm offset which is 5.25 bs with 305/45 420's and they didn't rub

mine rub on the leaf.. back side of tire. not real bad, and only with 90%+ tread.

bruce

Reaction score
I had 305's at on point that didn't rub. I wish I could find a set of 05-07 differentials and suspension so I could run a an OEM set of 18's without spacers.

K_Hood

Reaction score

I'm the same way for the most part, except I just don't do the 22's or 24's on mud tires type thing. I don't so much mind 20's anymore since most trucks come with them from the factory to begin with. And honestly I've seen plenty of trucks look VERY nice with the 22 or 24 inch wheel's, but it's just not something I would personally do. My truck has 16's from the factory and I've always liked these wheels so I'll likely just keep them and put the money into some tires that fit the wheel. Plus the more I see the way trucks look that were stolen, it seems like a lot have bigger aftermarket wheels and fancy stuff to stand out. I'm just not looking for that attention.

Different strokes for different folks.

I don't think you can go wrong with 18's OP, seems like it's a pretty comfortable size wheel and tire combo that would add a nice touch to your truck and keep you from having to refinance your home just to get tires.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Agreed... Chelsea's Excursion is on 18's and 37's...

1184840_209636145878128_900930258_n.jpg

Latest posts

Members online