Sct 6.4 question

farmall6

Reaction score
I'm new to the 6.4 and I'm looking to be doin the dpf delete. I found a live wire competition ts for a good price. Should I get that or should I find a 9625or or 3015r. I plan on getting custom tunes from idp, when I talked to idp they told me I needed the 9625 or 3015, offroad. I'd hate to spend money on something that won't work on my truck.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Honestly I'm not sure but I've been told the livewire ts won't do deletes? I could be wrong but I had checked on it before I bought the older offroad version.

TLH

Reaction score
I need to chime in. First I am at the same delima. I have the Edge Evolution Race. I am able to turn off the dpf. Then I thought that was good enough. I was wrong on the 6.4 you want to delete the dpf, cat all the exhaust. Then the egr's that's were I was misslead so now I have to get another tuner. The 2 best are Spartan and H&S with mcc. Dont wait long on H&S mini max they are almost going. If you love your 6.4 they are the way to go. Sticker shock but not a big choice.

farmall6

Reaction score
I got a new 5in dp back sittin in the garage, when I got the truck the next day I ordered a pipe. I thought my sct off my 6.0 would work on the 6.4 but I was wrong I guess.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I've been told that with the competition SCT tuners, the only guy who can offroad tune them is a guy that owns Punch-it performance??? IIRC

Matter of fact I am pretty sure I asked Eric about this and he said that there was only one guy tuning them offroad, he didn't name who but I am pretty sure the guys name is Mike @ Punch-it performance. I think he may have used to work for SCT??

Last edited:

TLH

Reaction score
With me all I want to do is my EGR Valve and Coolers. Exhaust is done. My Edge won't let me and no one will tell me the truth about if I pull the egr and coolers it I will just get a check light or will it go into limp mode.
ANY HELP OUT THERE WOULD BE GREAT...

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
With me all I want to do is my EGR Valve and Coolers. Exhaust is done. My Edge won't let me and no one will tell me the truth about if I pull the egr and coolers it I will just get a check light or will it go into limp mode.

You don't have to do egr delete. It will throw a code and limp with out a tuner. Just do a dpf delete tuner. Depending on your budget. You could get away with the bare minimum with a xrt pro and a delete pipe. Or go mini max and full 5" turbo back exhaust. It's really up to you and your budget. Pm me if you have any questions. I'm not a vendor or trying to sell you on anything I've just about done it all.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

lildevil02

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I've been told that with the competition SCT tuners, the only guy who can offroad tune them is a guy that owns Punch-it performance??? IIRC

Matter of fact I am pretty sure I asked Eric about this and he said that there was only one guy tuning them offroad, he didn't name who but I am pretty sure the guys name is Mike @ Punch-it performance. I think he may have used to work for SCT??

Punch-it is not the only company who can tune them..:evil there are other options as well.....Some even offer true custom tuning that no other company can offer. Send me a pm if you want more info.

Last edited:

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I've been told that with the competition SCT tuners, the only guy who is offroad tuning them is a guy that owns Punch-it performance??? IIRC

Edited...

Franchi

Reaction score
The tuners DESIGNED for the dpf delete 6.4 are the Livewire 9625 OR and 3015 R models.

The Livewire TS 5015 isn't designed or made for offroad tuning, but some folks seem to have found a way to load custom dpf delete tune on it.

If you call SCT, they will tell you the TS 5015 doesn't support dpf delete tuning.

farmall6

Reaction score
The Livewire TS 5015 isn't designed or made for offroad tuning, but some folks seem to have found a way to load custom dpf delete tune on it.

Do you know who all is doin the tuning

Reaction score

The edge should turn off the EGR system. A quick test is to unplug the EGR valve. If you don't get a light you're good to go.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
The edge should turn off the EGR system. A quick test is to unplug the EGR valve. If you don't get a light you're good to go.

I don't think the edge turns off the egr system and some things like the dpf-r allow you to delete the egr coolers and etc but you cant change the elbow because it needs to be plugged in.

Latest posts

Members online