SCT Issues

Dustin F2504x4

Reaction score
I am having major issues with my SCT x3 This is on a 03 6.0 powerstroke. The issue Im having is that it will not run a custom tune on my truck. It runs awesome with no tuner on it. When it has a custom tune loaded in the truck it wants to high idle at 1500 rpm and lope, it does this with innovative tunes and gearhead tunes cause I have tried both. I have even updated the SCT with cd that comes with the tuner. I need help what should I do next?

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'd get ford to reflash the trucks PCM and try to reload them.

Nic

Reaction score
thats a good question. A quick call to SCT and I bet they could tell you. Seems to me that the strategy code wouldnt be changed because of the year of the truck. Typically the strategies are virtually the same until you hit 04.5-07 models. I can load my x-street into my 03 PCM and put my PCM in my buddies 03 and it runs like mine does. Putting it into an 05 is a different story LOL

Nic

Reaction score
if you have a buddy with another 03 6.0 and they have custom tuning, try swapping in their PCM and see what she does

Nic

Reaction score
10 4. Before you try and retune the truck after the reflash, Id still Call and ask SCT if the strategies are the same. If theyre different it might vin lock the truck. THen you would have to go through calling them and getting a recovery file, and :blah: ...its no fun.

Dustin F2504x4

Reaction score
Update. I have tried my sct in an other vehicle and it worked so the sct must be good. I gonna take it to ford this week for a reflash and try that.

Dustin F2504x4

Reaction score
Well I was going to call SCT today I then found on my SCT in vehicle info that it had
vin number blank. So Im going to the ford dealer for a reflash tomorrow I hope that works.

Dustin F2504x4

Reaction score
Well just went to the dealer and had the pcm reflashed it didn't help. No I guess it's time to call SCT. What else could I do? Anything else I can try?

Nic

Reaction score
Well I was going to call SCT today I then found on my SCT in vehicle info that it had
vin number blank. So Im going to the ford dealer for a reflash tomorrow I hope that works.

the VIN is blank because like me, you have an 03. They dont store a VIN in the PCM like the 04.5-07s do. I had to send mine in and have SCT manually load my VIN in my programmer. SInce they dont store them, every time I changed tunes, I went through an unlock and couldnt figure out why. Well, jthat was the problem.

Latest posts

Members online