SCT Livewire

wagoner2

Reaction score
I just ordered the SCT Livewire for my 04 Excursion. I have a 4" turbo back exhaust, and a CAI installed. Doing the coolant filter this weekend. I mostly got the tuner for monitoring capabilities for now since I haven't studded or ******d yet. My question is, what is a safe "box or of the shelf" tune? Is it safe to punch it up at all without having studs and ******s done?

Last edited:

junglejoe

Reaction score
I have the livewire (IDP tunes)myself, no studs. Air intake and with 4 inch down pipe into a 5 inch all the way back. I run mine on the street tune. HOWEVER.. I do NOT make fool(HA) 1/4 mile passes OR beat the hell out of it. I do hammer on it though! haven't had a problem

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I would recommend running tow. However, i ran idps extreme street for a while, over a month with blown head gaskets. The head gaskets are only blown under boost/high cylinder pressures, so it is not completely catastrophic like on a gasser.

slc6oh

Reaction score
ive been on idp extreme street and blown head gaskets for a while.... only evac my degas bottle if I stay in it too long. haha even on the tow tune towing it pukes, but day to day non asshole ish driving its cool.

getting all taken care of here in the next week or so though.

Latest posts

Members online