sct problems

Reaction score
Been having issue with sct. I have dpf delete and sct tuner 4 in straight pipe. I've had it on extreme and when the trucks cold it will smoke black like a train and seems to run like a bat out of hell. After the truck warms up it runs like it doesn't have a tune. There is just a little haze to when it warms up and ideas whats going on? No im not trying to get my truck to smoke just trying to let everyone know whats going on.

Stroked777

Reaction score
What is the tune your running, and I preferably like smoke less tunes, that way all the idiot that think smoke = power will wanna race and then they have a dumb look on there face when they are smoking like a tire fire and your flying by them with barely a haze

3brorce

Reaction score
Says he is running a box tune on extreme. I would try reloading the tune or get custom tunes from GearHead.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Most trucks cold will smoke more than at operating temp. I usually don't go WOT till it's warmed up though...

But I have heard of a similar complaint with SCT canned tunes seeming like they lose power as it warms up. Get custom tunes. You'll be much happier.

Reaction score
I understand what you guys are saying. The only issue I have is my truck seems not to have near the power. Sorry if its confusing. It seems as if my truck gets to operating temp and it de-rates its self. I've tried re-loading guess its time for some tunes from a vendor

Stroked777

Reaction score
Everyone is always happier with custome tunes. There are several company out there that do it, Gearhead automotive( I run them and love them), innovative diesel, and river city diesel makes a 585hp tune but I wouldn't run it on a non studded truck

Echo

Reaction score
I had the same issue running the canned sct tunes. It felt like the truck was still at stock power levels while running the performance tune. Finally got a custom tune from innovative, it runs much better and has way more power

Latest posts

Members online