SCT Review

Sins4u33

Reaction score
SO, for you 2013 guys, I have officially SCT tuned my truck. It does work. There was a bit of an issue at first because of the strategy code and tune. But it was sorted out fairly quickly.

And the wait was worth it. I am running stock exhaust with just a delete pipe.
Throttle response is significantly better. Gas mileage...don't know yet just got it installed last night along with the dpf delete.

The tuning process on a 2013 is a bit more time extensive than the other years it seems.
But 100% worth it in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
SO, for you 2013 guys, I have officially SCT tuned my truck. It does work. There was a bit of an issue at first because of the strategy code and tune. But it was sorted out fairly quickly.

And the wait was worth it. I am running stock exhaust with just a delete pipe.
Throttle response is significantly better. Gas mileage...don't know yet just got it installed last night along with the dpf delete.

The tuning process on a 2013 is a bit more time extensive than the other years it seems.
But 100% worth it in the long run.

If you have a 13' and your looking for an SCT tuner, pm me ill let you know where i got mine.

they've been working on 13's and up for a while. a bunch of vendors , including myself , stock and sell them so its no secret and no need to pm you for details.

Sins4u33

Reaction score
they've been working on 13's and up for a while. a bunch of vendors , including myself , stock and sell them so its no secret and no need to pm you for details.

I understand completely. I was just being precautions for my vendor. I didn't want to throw names out there. Hope you understand.

Regards,
Ben Y

javi-ford-fan

Reaction score
how much boost are u guys with sct custom tunes seeing on the race tune? and whats safe or extreme boost for a 6.7?

javi-ford-fan

Reaction score
thats what I thought 22-26 psi is good on the 6.7.but I just installed my custom race tune and im seeing 39 psi isn't that way to much? how dangerous is it to be seeing so much boost?

javi-ford-fan

Reaction score
yup I called the shop and told them about it.And they said that yes that is the way their tune was, I told him if it was bad for my turbo he said well yes and that I could try and lower the boost with the wastegate. I then called anothee shop (pip)that also does custom tunes with sct and they told me their race tune max boost was 26 so I think ill be getting their tune. 39 psi just seem crazy high I have no idea why they would set the boost so high?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
yup I called the shop and told them about it.And they said that yes that is the way their tune was, I told him if it was bad for my turbo he said well yes and that I could try and lower the boost with the wastegate. I then called anothee shop (pip)that also does custom tunes with sct and they told me their race tune max boost was 26 so I think ill be getting their tune. 39 psi just seem crazy high I have no idea why they would set the boost so high?

what shop did these tunes come from ???

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Time to see if you can convince one of the top tuners to do something for you. I don't know if any are really doing anything with SCT or not, but I would ask.

Chris

Latest posts

Members online