Sct tuner?

03justin6.0

Reaction score
So I purchased an sct tuner before I had my truck redone I got a new fuel return system , true egr delete , new oil cooler and 90hp over stock injectors, along with I had my 5r110 rebuilt a few steps above stock cluches and a new tconvert (I'm not sure what clutches where put in I haven't gotten the paperwork yet, but the guy told me not to use the sct tuner ? Which confused me considering the truck is "bulletproofed" and sctx4 are the safest tuners out there from my understanding. Can anyone get more into detail with his reasoning , and I understand the gaskets need broken in so there is not hurry to tune the truck, just want to tune it eventually

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
Is the truck studded? If he said to not use a sct tuner then I would question his knowledge. Sct is the only tuner out there that will/can program the transmission, to my knowledge anyway. Obviously that greatly depends on the writer of the tunes also. what tuner did he say to run? Also your definitely gonna need a custom tune to get the most out of your set up, which you can do with a sct.

swinky

Reaction score
Is the truck studded? If he said to not use a sct tuner then I would question his knowledge. Sct is the only tuner out there that will/can program the transmission, to my knowledge anyway. Obviously that greatly depends on the writer of the tunes also. what tuner did he say to run? Also your definitely gonna need a custom tune to get the most out of your set up, which you can do with a sct.
There's other tuners that tune the trans.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

Maybe because you have canned tunes? and having bigger injectors and that with the standard SCT tunes the truck will run rough?

Get some Gearhead custom tunes written for those injectors for that SCT..... if you got bigger injectors on stock PCM tuning you going be close to stock power even with those "90 HP injectors" on factory PCM tune.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online