SD card slot

97f350stroker

Reaction score
I use the SD slot in my 6.4 to view trail cam pics. It's an aftermarket head unit but I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use yours

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Located on the top of the dash in the compartment. I gave a buddy my keys at work so he could pop his card he pulled from his camera this morning before work and check the pics. He came back saying it said no data but he tells me he uses that card all the time no issues and the camera says it has pics on it. I'd like to use the slot to check mine as well considering I have several cameras and swap the cards out often I'll try it out for myself when I get the chance

mountainman

Reaction score
Unfortunately it may not be that easy. The card slot probably only recognizes a handful of formats. There may be a list of formats that can be read. I'll try to do a little more research after work. Does anybody know if you can load pictures through the SD port? Unfortunately my truck doesn't have one :/

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
You can load pics from the card to the display. It will allow you to use one for the home screen. In order to save them the pics need to be a specific size to display.

Owner's Manual-Pg 367-368

1) .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp file types
2) 1.5mb or less
3) Recommended 800x384

Arconalloy

Reaction score
No not yet I haven't had the chance to pull one of my cameras off the tree to hook it to USB I just have some extra SD cards I've been using to try it I usually just swap cards out to check the cams rather than removing the camera but I will give it a shot

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Well it says it will work in format jpg I think it is? I plugged my card into my tv at the house pulled up the trail cam pics and they all say for example 000001JPG so I figured it would be fine. I've tried a USB to SD cord but says same thing. Going to try another card this weekend to see if it does any different but I can't seem to get this thing to show the images. It will pull them up but when I click on them it won't display the photo

mountainman

Reaction score
Your photo is probably too large to view (larger than 1.5mb). Right click the image and check the properties. This will give you the size. Edit the image with Paint>resize>pixels, adjust accordingly>save as>then choose JPEG or PNG. This should work.

Latest posts

Members online