SD Electric Fuel Pump Question

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I will search around a little more and see if I can find what they are. I would like to retain the factory hoses.

EMD_Driver

Reaction score
Compression fittings from Home Depot work well. A tubing bender from Harbor Freight is cheap.

http://www.harborfreight.com/tubing-bender-3755.html

image_489.jpg

Thanks for that link! I've been looking for one of these!

ytee

Reaction score
i am also workin on electric fuel for my truck and was curious on pumps, so one pump would be fine for stage ones??

Yes one SD pump will work fine with stage 1's. I ran a single SD pump for years and I had a fuel pressure gauge and it would lose zero pressure. When I put the new motor in the pressure would drop as soon as the boost gauge would go over about 15psi. I have since put a second SD pump and now the pressure holds good again.

Chris

Last edited:

mjonesjr

Reaction score
Where did you all get your ignition hot from for the NO side of the oil pressure switch?

I have been thinking about getting it from the starter solenoid, but if there is an easier place on the driver side that would be great.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
Anyone know which port on the fuel tank selector switch is the supply (to the engine) and which is the return (from the engine)?

PsRumors

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the bottom metal line is the feed.

I put a check valve in to prevent the fuel being able to run backwards, it looks like it's the bottom line for the feed.

CheckValve.jpg

mjonesjr

Reaction score
Does the bottom hard line go into the bottom of the selector valve?

The reason I ask is I want to replace the rubber line straight from the selector valve to the fuel/water separator so there isn't a splice.

PsRumors

Reaction score
I just craweled under the truck and looked

On the selector valve, the top port closest to the frame rail feeds to the engine. The top port furtherest from the rail is the return.

The bottom ports come from the tank. I am not sure which is which on the bottom ports.

Latest posts

Members online