SDP Downpipe any good???

El-Magico

Reaction score
Wanted to know if a downpipe is any good? Well as far as performance wise.
Do any of you guys run with this pipe or anything similar to it.

04stroker

Reaction score
I don't know of anyone who has done any back to back dyno's track runs or anything with just a down pipe swap. But I have installed them and they fit great and looking at them side by side with the stocker they obviously will flow much better.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
Haven't gotten to install one on a 6.7 yet however, but I now Sean only make the highest quality parts so I wouldn't hesitate to use one.

onebadf150

Reaction score
I have a SDP down pipe on both my 6.4l and 6.7l. Great product and fit is nice. My 6.7l sounds much deeper then other straight piped 4" exhaust trucks. I deleted everything at one time so can't give u a accurate ass dyno result. On my 6.4l I installed the DP after I was deleted and felt a noticeable difference and the truck exhaust was deeper and quieter. It's a great buy!

El-Magico

Reaction score
Great input guys. I placed an order already should be here sometime next week. I'll see if I can get a dyno run without n with the downpipe on. I'm think it should free up some ponys.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
You guys need to study "jet engine propulsion 101" Bigger is not always more efficient or better, and likewise lower EGT's does not mean things are more efficient either.

:doh:

Just ribbin alittle. !!

But seriously, your backpressure is more important to take note of than a 30-50* drop in EGT's.

The factory double walled pipe is nice for my quiet ride in my humble opinion!

I will be "magicolly" surprised if it frees up ANY pony's at all with a stock turbo truck. Even a modded truck for that matter.... BE interesting either way.

Last edited:

El-Magico

Reaction score
"Jet engine" ??
I don't know about all that now..
I do however know that a less restrictive exhaust system does indeed free up some '"ponys".
But we will see.

jordan572

Reaction score
How does one get at the clamp that holds the downpipe to the turbo. The 6.4 is easy to get at for the most part, but on the 6.7 you cant even see the turbo.

tampa_steve

Reaction score
Installed one today along with a Wicked wheel 2. Had to cut about an inch off the lower part to get the upper pipe to inside in far enough to line up with the turbo and rear engine cover mount.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Installed one today along with a Wicked wheel 2. Had to cut about an inch off the lower part to get the upper pipe to inside in far enough to line up with the turbo and rear engine cover mount.

Sorry to hijack.. but did you notice anything with the ww?

live life full throttle

tampa_steve

Reaction score
Not yet on the ww, how ever it is .4 oz lighter than the OE wheel, and has 11 fins instead of 10 on the OE.

Down pipe pictures.

E5197691-A51A-421F-99DA-DAD55D484DB6.jpg

D7D3108A-BFFF-42B7-B1AC-84201C79AFC1.jpg

Latest posts

Members online