SDP Downpipe any good???

Buck1

Reaction score
Went to install this today. See pics, am I missing something, lower part of my downpipe measures 4" and I feel that upper OEM part will flow better than aftermarket part. SDP pipe looks nice and not dogging on it, just couldn't see any benefit in installing it. What does everyone else's stock downpipe look like?
6uqe7uha.jpg
e5esybyv.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I think the factory one is dual walled, so you the inside diameter will be larger with the SDP one for better flow.

Buck1

Reaction score
Initial observation did not indicate that kind of construction, so I will have to take a second look.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
You guys need to study "jet engine propulsion 101" Bigger is not always more efficient or better, and likewise lower EGT's does not mean things are more efficient either.

:doh:

Just ribbin alittle. !!

But seriously, your backpressure is more important to take note of than a 30-50* drop in EGT's.

The factory double walled pipe is nice for my quiet ride in my humble opinion!

I will be "magicolly" surprised if it frees up ANY pony's at all with a stock turbo truck. Even a modded truck for that matter.... BE interesting either way.

Went to install this today. See pics, am I missing something, lower part of my downpipe measures 4" and I feel that upper OEM part will flow better than aftermarket part. SDP pipe looks nice and not dogging on it, just couldn't see any benefit in installing it. What does everyone else's stock downpipe look like?
6uqe7uha.jpg
e5esybyv.jpg

\

I replied to this early on...

Buck1

Reaction score
10 4. Will have to review again. Didn't look like double Wall at first glance, but will check it out again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online