Seat warmer

loboost

Reaction score
06 lariat

My drivers side seat warner doesn't work.

The indicator light on the button burns nearly all the time. Passenger side works fine.

Is there a common fail point in these?

C4 6.0

Reaction score
Boy I'd love the answer to this one too. Mine does exactly the same thing. Passenger seat works great but driver seat does nothing but the light comes on

BlueOx

Reaction score
Boy I'd love the answer to this one too. Mine does exactly the same thing. Passenger seat works great but driver seat does nothing but the light comes on

I had the same problem with me 6.0
I was told that there was a wire in the seat that was prone to break and needed to be fixed. It required removing the seat and bottom cover. I never got around to doing it but I heard this from multiple people. Just my .02¢

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

sootie

Reaction score
I had the same problem with me 6.0
I was told that there was a wire in the seat that was prone to break and needed to be fixed. It required removing the seat and bottom cover. I never got around to doing it but I heard this from multiple people. Just my .02¢

Same on my Ex

exactly. worst case is the element needs to be replaced.

BlueOx

Reaction score
Is just the piece that needs replaced available from ford? Or do you have to get the whole thing?

Should be able to solder the wire back together.

pistonbully

Reaction score
Tasca auto parts sells the element. most the time you just need to solder the small wire back together with a heavier gauge wire. Once you do the drivers side you might as well do the passenger side it has the same under sized wire.

Attachments

• sizeimage.php.jpg
    sizeimage.php.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 40
  • fig522000exc.jpg
    fig522000exc.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Scan019January222007.jpg
    Scan019January222007.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 34

05wh250

Reaction score
Tasca auto parts sells the element. most the time you just need to solder the small wire back together with a heavier gauge wire. Once you do the drivers side you might as well do the passenger side it has the same under sized wire.

what size wire do you need to go back with?

pistonbully

Reaction score
Nothing crazy the original wire is tiny. 16 gauge would work fine. theseatshop.com has a very good video on removing the bottom seat pad and replacing it. Worth watching before trying to tackle the job.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.