Secondary HPOP resivor feed

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations on where to get the best secondary feed
to the HPOP resivor and what fittings would be needed.
Would be routing to the HPOP fill plug.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations on where to get the best secondary feed
to the HPOP resivor and what fittings would be needed.
Would be routing to the HPOP fill plug.
Thanks!

Drivers side oil rail on the block down by the oil cooler. IIRC it's 1/4" NPT. I'd recommend having a hydraulic shop make you up a braided line. you'll need 2' or so. Not sure what size the plug is in the reservoir. Can't remember back that far lol

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Any idea of size or a pic for reference?
I'm out of town trying to get this figured out for when I get home.
Thanks!

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
What would be a reference of where location of this plug is to the oil cooler?

chris1978

Reaction score
What would be a reference of where location of this plug is to the oil cooler?

There is a 1/8" NPT port up by the oil filter head.

Also if you are looking to feed into the top of the reservoir, I believe the fitting size is -6 ORB.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Only pic I have but shows the general area.
2012-09-11_15-38-36_367.jpg

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Oreillys fixed me up. They have the fittings you need. Be sure and get a jic fitting with a free spinning collar in between the orb and the npt fitting. If not you won't be able to screw them in the holes. I know it's common sense, but I just wanted to throw it out there. LOL

neverkickn

Reaction score
Bringing this one back up. I am about to do this. What port on the block did you end up using? There are a few ports on the block but there is also one on the rear oil cooler header. Any idea which one is best?

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Have not got around to it.
Working out of state.
I have no idea about the port on the rear of the cooler.
Ill post some pics when I get back in town and get this done.
If you can take pics and post them here as well that would be great if you have time.
Thanks!

neverkickn

Reaction score
Will do. I did determine however that the plug ports on the top are -4orb and not -6 like previously stated.

I just need to run down a male adapter for the reservoir tomorrow and I will have all the stuff.

Blowby

Reaction score
Just an FYI. Pulling oil from the main galley is taking it from the area it was designed for. If you need to have additional volume in the HPOP res. make a restrictor pill and start with a small hole. This will allow you to maintain volume to the main and cam bearings with just enough to keep the high oil consumption injectors from depleting the res. Open the hole in the pill to find the safe balancing point.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
How would I figure out the correct balance between the two?
You mean like the restrictor fitting for a bb turbo oil feed?

neverkickn

Reaction score
Just an FYI. Pulling oil from the main galley is taking it from the area it was designed for. If you need to have additional volume in the HPOP res. make a restrictor pill and start with a small hole. This will allow you to maintain volume to the main and cam bearings with just enough to keep the high oil consumption injectors from depleting the res. Open the hole in the pill to find the safe balancing point.

That was the other concern that I had, but I didn't quite know how to ask without the oil flow diagram that I can't seem to find. Anyone have the pdf they can link for reference?

psduser1

Reaction score
There is an 1/8" port at the back of the engine, a 3/8" port at the back, and a 3/8" port amidway up the the side, above the crossmember. Obviously on the drivers side.

campbellflage

Reaction score
Could be way off base here, (still a newb), but what about plumbing in a kit like the NUC bypass oil system that was supposed to run back up to the oil fill neck and just plumbing it into the hpop res. That way it is already set to the balance point you need without depleting the oil flow, but still gives you more flow to the hpop, and it would be freshly cleaned. ? Just a shot in the dark here, professionals, would that be a good idea?

Latest posts

Members online