Self Contained Rachet Straps....

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
Perfect for my golf cart. My Lift all strap is about done....

Garrett,

1" wide or 2" wide?

708_Page_5.jpg

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
What does working load limit mean signify? They look awesome!

Here ya go...

RATED CAPACITY: Also known as "assembly capacity" or "break strength" is the minimum load a complete assembly can withstand before failure in a laboratory pull test when the product is NEW.

WORKING LOAD LIMIT:

This is the term used throughout the catalog. There are, however, other terms used in the industry which are interchangeable with the term Working Load Limit. These are: WLL, SWL, Safe Working Load, Rated Load Value, Resulting Safe Working Load, and Rated Capacity.

The Working Load Limit is the maximum load which should ever be applied to a product, even when the product is new and when the load is uniformly applied - straight line pull only. Avoid side loading. All catalog ratings are based upon usual environmental conditions and consideration must be given to unusual conditions such as extreme high or low temperatures, chemical solutions or vapors, prolonged immersion in salt water, etc. Such conditions or high-risk applications may necessitate reducing the Working Load Limit.

The maximum load weight a tie-down should be subjected to during normal use. To assist in making the proper tie-down choice the Federal D.O.T. requires the W.L.L. to be 1/3 of the Rated Capacity.

Never exceed the Working Load Limit!

BREAKING LOAD: Same meaning as rated capacity.

Do not use breaking strength as a criterion for service or design purposes. Refer to the Working Load Limit instead.

Breaking Strength is the average force at which the product, in the condition it would leave the factory, has been found by representative testing to break, when a constantly increasing force is applied in direct line to the product at a uniform rate of speed on a standard pull testing machine. Proof testing to twice the Working Load Limit does not apply to hand-spliced slings.

Remember: Breaking Strengths, when published, were obtained under controlled laboratory conditions. Listing of the Breaking Strength does not mean the Working Load Limit should ever be exceeded.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
How many comes in a case and do we get a case discount? :D

Seriously - I need some new straps in the near future - I'm definitely keeping these in mind - when would you need to know so I could just pick them up from you in Ennis in October?

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
How many comes in a case and do we get a case discount? :D

Seriously - I need some new straps in the near future - I'm definitely keeping these in mind - when would you need to know so I could just pick them up from you in Ennis in October?

4 in a case Jason :D I need at least two weeks so I can make sure I have them here..

Viking

Reaction score
Now for the final touch.....put a cylinder lock in the center of the ratchet. I thought of that addition few years back. Great location and has to be able to be done!

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
ok, so looking at your newest picture, it seems there is a hand crank on the side of the strap, that is what allows you to "roll them up", that about right?