sell my OBS for a 6.4???

mattymx

Reaction score
The "staggering" results that you have seen are people that turn it up too high. propane is not like nitrous were the more u put in the more you get out. You run a 2psi spew and all it does is completely burns the diesel in the cylinder. It helps get the most out of your fuel burn instead of pushing 30% of it out the exhaust pipe (aka black smoke) and gets better mpg and some hp. Only drawback is it raises your EGT temps cuz propane burns real hot. And as a matter of fact i just rebuilt my 7.3 with 340,000 miles on it and i put the same pistons back into it. still had the cross hatchings in it.

You might want to look into that statement a bit. I dont want to argue about propane and in this thread I asked nothing about it. It is all about me looking into selling my 96 and looking into a 2009 or 2010.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Keep the OBS..add '05 up axles and 4 link it. Add '05 up heated and powered seats, mod the motor-trans and have a cheaper lighter better braking and handling truck that will also kick some '05 up tail..

jdgleason

Reaction score
I love my 6.4, and for the driveability, I dont think you can touch them for reliability and power. It is like anything else tho, take care of it and it will take care of you. Plus the cab is super quiet and its way comfortable.