Shackle Flip

KTM300

Reaction score
What are your guys opinion's on shackle flips? I have read they soften the rear a little and help the ride quite a bit. I am doing a PMF 4.5" kit with traction blocks. Trevor offers a shackle flip kit:

Shackle-Flip-Kit

I am trying to decide if I should combine that with the traction block for rear lift or just do the traction block.

Thanks.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Yes and no correct me if I am wrong the shackle flip alters the geometry of the suspension. The spring has more movemnt in the since of articulation for net gain of lift with the added articulation and geomotry you gain a softer ride for the same spring rate but the spring width, tire/wheel combo and shocks also factor into the end ride result.
Trucks with shackle flips imo ride better than others without but it is a double edged sword less leafs if you make that choice ultimately lowers load capcity and higher axle wrap incidents traction bars as you have listed above are key with stock packs or lightened ones. I would do both flip and blocks best of both worlds quality rear hangers and traction bars its your money though.

Avoid chevy springs at all costs the bushing eyelets can not handle the articulation or increased stress from power. The combonation of both is a accident waiting to happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online