Shell Ultra ELC Coolant

dasboot

Reaction score
Shell has a gold colored ELC coolant called Shell Ultra ELC.

I know a lot of you all have switch from the Ford VC7B Gold coolant to the red ELC.

Has anyone used this Gold Ultra?

SmokeyStroker

Reaction score
The Ultra is what I put in all my customers trucks when I do major repairs that requires complete drainage of the cooling system. I Iron flush the engine then add the ultra elc gold afterwards. So far for the last 2 years it has worked out really really well. No major color changes and it holds its chemical levels very well. I would say that half of my customers use the red elc and the other half use the gold elc. No real differences that I have seen yet. (The customers that run red also own semi fleets which is why they choose red, bc it is run in their macks and KW's, and we keep red in bulk).

TyCorr

Reaction score
Im not sure to date but most of the red is the same shti but different jugs. Chevron, texaco, zerex, cat, etc red elc is all the same. Not similar enough to interchange but its the same damn stuff.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Im not sure to date but most of the red is the same shti but different jugs. Chevron, texaco, zerex, cat, etc red elc is all the same. Not similar enough to interchange but its the same damn stuff.

From what I am reading on this coolant it is completely different then the red ELC.

But should be interchangeable for 7.3 to 6.4s.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, the gold is. Someone commented on one brand of red. Its all the same.

Latest posts

Members online