Shimmy at 40-55

dudewiththe04

Reaction score
So around 1500 rpms, I believe it's 3rd gear? But I get a shimmying in the truck when I'm going 45-55mph. It stops when I am off the accelerator, what could this be? Any ideas?

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
U joints or hanger bearing would be my first place to look and push up and down at the diff to see if the pinion bearing is Ok.

The best way to check the ujoints is to drop the shaft so you know how it feels for each joint, not too loose, not too tight, no play.

After that make sure your hubs are disengaged, physically turn the front shaft and make sure each front axle turns freely.

I had 1 locking hub idler bearing go bad and " self engage" the hub while driving down the road, not good.

Whytry

Reaction score
Traction bars made mine better, but I still have some I think it is my u joints though.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Is the shimmy in the steering wheel? if so its probably the track rod joint. The factory track rod joint is an undersized weak unit and causes serious issues, number one being bump stop. One Up Offroad sells a replacement unit for 399.00 that fixes that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.