Short bed dually conversion

Ed3196499

Reaction score
I am thinking about converting my short bed to a dually where can I find the bed sides for the short bed? I would really like to find the new style bed but either or is good .

Jason

Reaction score
I've had the same thought cross my mind a time or two. I think if you could get the 2011 style fenders (dunno if they would work or not) that a ccsb dually would look sick! Be real sharp on a set of 19.5's too....just sayin' ;)

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
That'd be cool.

Find and purchase a shortbed dually, or buy the flares, drill the holes in your current bed and bolt them up. A rear axle, dually spacers for the front, tires and wheels and you'd be done.

MAC

Reaction score
Is using spacers, a "wrong" way to do this? I'd be all over it if I didn't have to swap out rear axles.

Using spacers isn't really the "wrong" way, but I think most people don't use spacers just for peace of mine.

Think about how f*cked you'd be if a spacer came loose while you were towing heavy.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Using spacers isn't really the "wrong" way, but I think most people don't use spacers just for peace of mine.

Think about how f*cked you'd be if a spacer came loose while you were towing heavy.

The fronts from the factory are just a spacer on a dana 60, or a wider hub on a 2wd.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
0303111817b.jpg

no conversion here... factory built but should give you a good idea of what it could/will look like

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I was mainly talking about using spacers in the back.

Yeah, I agree if you want to do it right you'll swap axles.

But at the same time I wouldn't be to hesitant on running spacers, anyone with a dually with a tire wider than a 255 is running a spacer. Granted the spacers only holding up the outside tire there's still a lot of people running a spacer to clear wider tires.

Latest posts

Members online