Should I keep it?!

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
i beat the hell out of my stock motor to 251k miles and it only left me on the side of the road one time..... the hpop gave up the ghost about 3 miles from work one day.... other than that i just drive it....

Petro

Reaction score
Ya My boss's truck is right at 240K all stock, daily drives it every day. Knows nothing about it at all other than it starts and runs. Some people just get lucky.

yeehaw

Reaction score
I just feel if i touched mine when it wasn't broken it was just asking for problems....i just leave well enough learn, put fuel in it, change oil and filters at the intervals and drive the piss out of it!! But that's just me.... If you really wanna chuck out the money and time to take the cab off and fix something that isn't broken go ahead, that's up to you.

DSTRYER

Reaction score
Mine was basically stock when I bought it @ 96k miles, it had the exhuast done and the guy that had it before me had the edge evolution on it. Then about 2 months after i bought it, i noticed coolant leaking down the backside of the engine...took it in, egr cooler fail, also noticed a nice hole burned in the downpipe, so that was replaced. A few months later, I was towing my buddies boat to the lake for him, i noticed a funny smell comming from the front end of the truck....got poking around under the hood, and noticed in my coolant tank I had a grayish, brownish milkshake in my coolant tank. Bought an oil cooler, sent the truck and the parts back out to the shop, they replaced the oil cooler, and put the headstuds in it, then threw the programmer in for free. all and all, I am really plesed with my truck now, the only thing I would like is a new intake, injectors, and a sct programmer.

Lassie

Reaction score
Mine's at 215K and never left me on the side of the road. (left me in a field, but that doesnt count!) EGR was deleted at 130K. Plan on pulling engine in spring for studs and more. It's getting new bearings, change all seals, valve job, and studs. And an .010 over bore if needed. I want to be driving a 500k 6.0 one day.

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
That would be nice I plan to drive mine for a while it's close to paid off then the wife wants a new 4door jeep ;)

Latest posts

Members online