Shout out for BTS

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I have two BTS transmissions. One E4OD, and one 4R.

The E4OD was a used BTS when I bought it. It just came back from its second trip back to Brian.

Both times were the drivers fault, and both times I paid nothing but shipping. Shouldn't be going back for a third, I'm going to take steps to ensure the problem doesn't happen again.

Brian is the best.

That is all.

njjeep

Reaction score
I agree BTS is awesome. Just wondering what was the user error?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Letting someone else (family) drive the truck for an extended period, ultimately.

It not being theirs, I suspect they didn't pay attention to a leak forming. A line came loose. I think they kept trying to drive it, and smoked the clutches.

First one, was used when it went in, and Brian still took care of it, a couple years ago. Same family member was driving it then too, hauling some crap for me, so I don't know if it was a similar cause, or if it was overheated like crazy... But, the clutches were gone in that one too.

Moral of the story, take care of the fluid. Monitor the fluid level.

I'm going to replace the trans lines that look suspect, and install a different cooler.

njjeep

Reaction score
That makes sense. I swear most "big problems" people have with stuff is when you don't pull over and check it out if something isn't right lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

co04cobra

Reaction score
Must be nice. I just paid 2k to get a trans back that was originally built for a truck that was running in the 11s.

Then when I needed to sell it to a different customer hoping to recoup some of my loss because of the 9 month down time, they were told it wasn't built to hold over 550hp....

Ohh and btw the truck that killed this trans was a STOCK injector E99 in less then 50k miles.....

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Must be nice. I just paid 2k to get a trans back that was originally built for a truck that was running in the 11s.

Then when I needed to sell it to a different customer hoping to recoup some of my loss because of the 9 month down time, they were told it wasn't built to hold over 550hp....

Ohh and btw the truck that killed this trans was a STOCK injector E99 in less then 50k miles.....

Bts? Cuz that happened here too. I sold that guy my stg2 twisted after 6mos of not knowing if/when his would come back.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Bts? Cuz that happened here too. I sold that guy my stg2 twisted after 6mos of not knowing if/when his would come back.

Yep. BTS. Don't know if/when I would have got this one back either if I hadn't kept calling after 6mos.

Latest posts

Members online