Single cab street truck build

thewrubelator

Reaction score
Mind you, I got this truck done the Sunday of thee week I was driving cross country. Had about 300 miles on it before we headed out. Very thankful she held together and ran great! Hopefully next week Nate Parsell is giving me a hand fabing up the wastegate, and live tuning it. Hoping for around 730 on fuel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmoozer

Reaction score
That's awesome! Look forward to hearing how it all goes

thewrubelator

Reaction score
Nothing to crazy to update, but got my front end done finally. I love it!

I separated from the Air Force last month and got a sweet job at DNR Customs in Casco Michigan, our dyno/drag day is September 10th at Milan Dragway. I'll be throwing the nitrous on and getting on the rollers to see how she does. Going to run 12.0 index as well so hopefully she'll be good!
IMG_6229.JPGIMG_6225.JPG

powerstrokelyfe

Reaction score
How did you like the 250/100 injectors before ? were they relatively reliable?
I am assuming they were warrens injectors ?

thewrubelator

Reaction score
How did you like the 250/100 injectors before ? were they relatively reliable?
I am assuming they were warrens injectors ?

I am actually still running the same injectors, but with a stock shim on them, which I am taking off because it isn't working to well. Overall I'm happy with them though, I've had a couple go out, but I didn't get them built from new OEMs. And yes, Warrens.

Reaction score
I am actually still running the same injectors, but with a stock shim on them, which I am taking off because it isn't working to well. Overall I'm happy with them though, I've had a couple go out, but I didn't get them built from new OEMs. And yes, Warrens.

At least one was your refusal to accept the blown up motor theory haha

thewrubelator

Reaction score
For you guys running nitrous, for tuning are you guys having timing pulled back a little bit? I'm going to be running a .80 jet and see where that gets me.

thewrubelator

Reaction score
Had tough luck at the DNR Customs Dyno/Drag day last weekend. Truck was having some tuning issues, somehow in the tuning, a limiter was shutting the truck down essentially, at 104 mph. On the dyno, the truck wouldn't go above 2900rpm, and on the track wouldn't go above 102-104.

Still made ok numbers, 625/1117 @2955rpm on the dyno. Only ran a 12.5@104, but at around 900', would lose the pedal and the truck would coast through the remainder of the track.

Spent some time with Nate @WPE figuring out what was going on, got the speed/rpm limiter figured out. Now time to add some pw and see what it'll do at a test n tune. Hoping for some mid 11s!
IMG_6317.JPG https://vimeo.com/182860760

thewrubelator

Reaction score
**** I know right. Maybe next year. Hoping to get out before Mother Nature starts dropping that white **** up here lol. Should be able to click off some decent mid 11s on fuel. Then come out next year with another spiny thing in front and some more fuel.

You guys going to Rudys?

thewrubelator

Reaction score
IMG_6513.JPG
Well. Got married, had to have the truck in pics lol!!

Nothing much going on with the truck really, getting ready to put her in storage for the winter and start the prep for next year! Got some plans to hopefully optimize the setup, with the help of Nate at WPE and his sweet new dyno, should have a solid tune ready for the spring! I'll have lots of pics and update coming in the next months as Michigan dips into Antarctica lol.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
you think the carrillo rods are necessary for this build or did you throw them in for future. just curious. id like to run a s369 and 330/150 or maybe smaller hybrid injectors. like to see 11's but I don't race that much just want a wicked street truck. my engine has 5k miles on it with a stage 2 cam smaller convetionals and a s364.5 runs good I just want more of course.

thewrubelator

Reaction score
you think the carrillo rods are necessary for this build or did you throw them in for future. just curious. id like to run a s369 and 330/150 or maybe smaller hybrid injectors. like to see 11's but I don't race that much just want a wicked street truck. my engine has 5k miles on it with a stage 2 cam smaller convetionals and a s364.5 runs good I just want more of course.

building compounds this winter for it, more fuel and dual pumps. So I was looking forward when I built it. You will be fine with that, these bottom ends can take a lot of abuse!

Latest posts

Members online