Single turbo info

Cknox121

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys.

Honestly think I didn't have them tight enough. I bottomed all the springs out on the clamps. Holds for now.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the ways the kits made. Not bashing it, I love how it looks, but it must take h&s custom charger to take full advantage of the kit seeing as it's a non divided housing turbo that comes with the kit.

I'm sure keeping the exhaust divided surely helps with a off the self s300 turbo.

Emailing Zane and see if I can get him on the phone to go over a few things before I throw more cash at it.

Be expecting a call as well Morgan. Would like to talk to you about this as well.

Thanks for the video Mike! Your trucks one of the main reasons I went single turbo lol. Such a beast! Post specs in here if you want too. Give other guys ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Not that I have very much input on this subject yet, but I've had much better luck in the past with the t-bolt clamps that don't have the springs. Hopefully you get this baby up and running soon so we have some tire carnage to watch! :thumbsup:

Cknox121

Reaction score
Not that I have very much input on this subject yet, but I've had much better luck in the past with the t-bolt clamps that don't have the springs. Hopefully you get this baby up and running soon so we have some tire carnage to watch! :thumbsup:

Guess I can think Will for these ****ty clamps then lol.

Hope to have some wot runs in a few. Charging go pro.

Radioflyer

Reaction score

Agreed. I threw the spring clamps in the trash for t-bolts. Hope to see some good videos Cody!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Cknox121

Reaction score
Boots are holding. Reloaded hd300 set low boost fueling to 5, spools like a champ. Can't hold it back past 7-8psi.

Overall boost will not climb past 36-37psi

Cknox121

Reaction score
Do you have a wastegate? There's gotta be a reason why it doesn't make good boost. That or the turbo isn't right.

No waste gate, not signs of soot or leaking up pipes.

I'm thinking turbo is fubarded

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
You should have more boost than that for sure, when I ran a 66 it would get over 60 PSI on some runs. You have to have either a boost leak or a pre turbo exhaust leak.

Pressurize the intake side to 15-20 lbs and see how long it holds it for. If it holds or bleeds down slow then you know you have an exhaust leak some where. You'll need to make your own boost leak detector, pretty simple to make with just stuff from the hardware store.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Defidently seem's like it's getting hot pretty darn quick..

Stays about 1300 till it hits od

You should have more boost than that for sure, when I ran a 66 it would get over 60 PSI on some runs. You have to have either a boost leak or a pre turbo exhaust leak.

Pressurize the intake side to 15-20 lbs and see how long it holds it for. If it holds or bleeds down slow then you know you have an exhaust leak some where. You'll need to make your own boost leak detector, pretty simple to make with just stuff from the hardware store.

I seen a thread awhile back on doing the test. Will have to find it.

Thanks

Mine barely touches 1400 wide open

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hmm interesting for sure. I'm going to have to dig deeper that's for sure.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Stays about 1300 till it hits od

I seen a thread awhile back on doing the test. Will have to find it.

Thanks

Hmm interesting for sure. I'm going to have to dig deeper that's for sure.

Soon it will all be ok.:pimp:

Cknox121

Reaction score
Soon it will all be ok.:pimp:

Soon I hope. I need to quit spending money on other things and focus on truck funds. Its about to be my birthday so YOLO!

Oh and blowed the double clamped boot off tonight on a 0-130ish run

Data on a 0-130

Changed to Gearhead "2" tuning

Max egt according to mini max - 1555

Max oil temp - 207

not sure on boost, some where around 37-38 psi. Still can't understand this?

Next mod will be superglue on the boot, possibly new turbo, and some traction bars. I can feel the axle rolling.

Latest posts

Members online