Single turbo instal question/review/thoughts

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Nope just 4th and 5th, and I wasn't even hitting 5th until 1200 feet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your truck may not have been locking in 2nd or 3rd, but the H&S canned tuning commands lockup at WOT in 2nd and 3rd. My trucks would lock up in 3rd for sure. Never really paid attention to 2nd

take a look at the tunes in MCC, and you'll see what I'm talking about

getstroked27

Reaction score
your truck may not have been locking in 2nd or 3rd, but the H&S canned tuning commands lockup at WOT in 2nd and 3rd. My trucks would lock up in 3rd for sure. Never really paid attention to 2nd

take a look at the tunes in MCC, and you'll see what I'm talking about

I'll have to play with it on the computer, last time I setup a mini maxx, which is almost daily, you can either choose 4th and 5th lockup or just 5th. My MCC tune from PPEI locks second and up, and my canned tune I converted to MCC locks in 4th and 5th

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
commanding lock up and it actually locking are two different things though.

getstroked27

Reaction score
yeah, its 50/50 sometimes. i ran kory's tune for a couple days, it always locked right away, and it didnt unlock until it dropped back into first slowing down.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I'll have to play with it on the computer, last time I setup a mini maxx, which is almost daily, you can either choose 4th and 5th lockup or just 5th. My MCC tune from PPEI locks second and up, and my canned tune I converted to MCC locks in 4th and 5th

just take a look at the tunes in MCC

mine will lock in 3rd at WOT every time

I realize there's a difference between commanding lockup and getting lockup

if Kory's isn't coming out of lockup until you get back to 1st gear, it sounds like a pure race tune with the ratios and lockup rates maxed out so that it will lock up no matter what and stay locked

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
13.9@100, 1.8 60' on a canned H&S trans tune(4th gear lockup) and 37" toyos. going back soon with a PPEI drag trans tune (2nd gear lockup) and a fixed boost leak. hopefully i run faster, i only saw 27 PSI :lame:
Are Josh Sargent? I'm catching up on your thread on Facebook if so. Too many idiots on there dude, you're way better off trying to figure things out with guys on here. I barely had the patients to make it through the comments

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

getstroked27

Reaction score
LMAO yeah man das me. ****s retarded. Señor chase fleece messaged me and gave me some good info. I'm gonna get some sleep work on it tomorrow, after work. Hopefully figure some stuff out. Yeah there was a lot of bull****.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
LMAO yeah man das me. ****s retarded. Señor chase fleece messaged me and gave me some good info. I'm gonna get some sleep work on it tomorrow, after work. Hopefully figure some stuff out. Yeah there was a lot of bull****.

Here's the thread I mentioned in your Facebook post. He has the same kit with a billet 66 with .91 open housing. Think he is having issues with it not making enough boost also.
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50436

Then there is this guy, he is running a completely different turbo but just figured I'd shared with ya in case you haven't seen it. He is running a s371 FMW with Morgan's divided kit and in his last post it hit 53psi at 3/4 throttle. Hope you get it figured out though! http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24426

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

johnp115

Reaction score
yeah i dont even have 800 miles on my build yet. four track passes, a street race, and 500 miles of in town driving, 200 or highway. i got 14.2 MPG at 75 MPH though. with a haze and i averaged about 850-1000 (hilly roads). need a street tune, no reason to haze on stock fuel.

I think mine at 75 is about 8-900 degrees. Lights pretty quick from there. But my truck always hazes due to the big nozzles. Drove it home from ts this year 800 miles and did great

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah mine hazes on all four power settings of my Gearhead tunes. I guess it's just how the single is

*hazes when leaving a light or accelerating when tq locked

Reaction score
Properly ported heads can out flow mildly ported dmax heads. So for 98% of people it would be cheaper to port them.

And I think I mentioned it in your other thread, but I believe a lot has to do with the open plenum/ open housing combo your running.

Running our kit with cast 66 spools fast, cleans up all the stock fuel has and rocks for power. Change to a billet or fmw and it's lights out.

getstroked27

Reaction score
yeahhhh yeahhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh everyones tryna sell something i know how it goes :morons: LOL but no, i kow exactly what your saying morgan. maybe i should just sell my kit and buy a pedestal from you. i have the .91 housing. could be an alternative.

Latest posts

Members online