Single Turbo Time

getstroked27

Reaction score
Whats up fellas! looks like the ol six whore is getting a single charger setup in the near future! its bittersweet really, i shouldnt be spending the money. but i recently discovered loads of oil in my exhaust system, as well as in my hot side IC pipe. i know it aint blowby since ive been running a CCV mod for a long time. i was going to go to my homies at MPD but i made a call to the guys at industrial to inquire about their interest in a guinea pig truck to test a kit on, and theyve bit hard, got a final conference call tomorrow with them to finalize plans. basically they will use my rig to design their own single kit using a suncoast pedestal and do their own thing from there. im pretty excited to see what itll do on a stock fuel setup. i will be sure to keep yall posted on the build plans and progress! if anyone has questions go ahead and ask! im sure i will be asking my fair share along the way!

Mpoage

Reaction score
Good luck.... A lot of people here haven't had the best luck with II. A buddy of mine just put their 6.7 compound kit on and he had to redo most of it because there was no way it would fit.

getstroked27

Reaction score
yeah i have heard some bad stuff about II however i sell their products and i havent had any customer complaints. tell your buddy to get a bigger hammer :)

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I had one of the first industrial charger set ups back in 2010. The low pressure developed some severe shaft play and we tore it down at 10,000 miles. The machining on the back cover was absolutely horrid, enough that the charger wasnt even salvageable, put a k31 atmo on, truck ran great.

528 on a 15% modded k16 and industrial turbos is nothing to be proud of.

I havent sold one since

getstroked27

Reaction score
Jared Ive toured their facility in the past year and it seems like all i hear from everyone is how they suck, but ive seen their machinists work, ive seen their stuff right off the five axis, and its seemed to be pretty impressive. i guess time will tell if they can make a good single kit. if not, i'll be locating a different turbo.

buck russell

Reaction score
I had one of the first industrial charger set ups back in 2010. The low pressure developed some severe shaft play and we tore it down at 10,000 miles. The machining on the back cover was absolutely horrid, enough that the charger wasnt even salvageable, put a k31 atmo on, truck ran great.

528 on a 15% modded k16 and industrial turbos is nothing to be proud of.

I havent sold one since

spVrM.gif

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I'm not saying industrial injection sucks. I did an extremely extensive build with them in 09-10 on my CR5.9 that runs 10.40s on fuel now in Mass. In just saying.. Sometimes it's better to stick with what you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

getstroked27

Reaction score
yeah, i know what you mean man. well i know i cant afford a single kit and supporting mods, even at cost, without some sort of "help" which they are willing to offer. by the way jared im contemplating either a 366, 367FMW or a wastegated 472. ill be on stock fuel. what would you recommend?

RedRice589

Reaction score
Bout time you showed up. Just rip the LP apart.... Go with a 66 for now. Or the 67.2 few. Which is a little pricier I'd imagine. Text me tomorrow also.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Obviously Industrial has had their fair share of issues in the 6.4 performance scene, but it sounds like to me that they're going to be basing a kit around the SunCoast pedestal and a Borg Warner turbo. Not sure why everyone jumped on the Industrial problems train based on the post he made...

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Why another Borg Warner? Why not a kit with a Garrett ball bearing or something different? Can another kit really drive that much different giving using the same turbo setup?

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Why another Borg Warner? Why not a kit with a Garrett ball bearing or something different? Can another kit really drive that much different giving using the same turbo setup?

Op said he was on a budget and the 1000-1500 difference in a 3 series and a bb unit is prob why. Im going to be doing some sort of bb unit on the kit we have on one of my trucks this spring. You figure a good bb turbo throws "budget kit" out the window considering a simple single kit isn't that expensive to make.

getstroked27

Reaction score
thank you jeff, i couldnt agree more! and as for the brand of charger, im not all too sure what i will be running yet. im on the phone with dustin at II right now, give me a few ill have more info.

Latest posts

Members online