Singles or Duals

What exhaust looks better to you?

• Total voters

mrplowjr_Ez_v

Reaction score
OK guys I'm going to be doing exhaust next week. What do you think looks best singles or duals?

Mind you this is a truck and there is nothing worse than duals that are out of level or tweaked from hitting a snowpile or something.

That said I don't expect that but I want something that looks good performs well and will last. But overall I just want some opinions on what you preffer asthetically.

:nopics:

Zmann

Reaction score
I only would do a dual if you could keep the spare tire location

but I do like them best

mrplowjr_Ez_v

Reaction score
That brings up a valid point. I don't plan on leaving the spare under there for other reasons (salt/winter crap) but for others blessed with nicer weather may want to take that into consideration.

And for anyone who cares I'm still pissed there is no T304 stainless option but im pissin in the wind on that battle.

sagebel

Reaction score
This is the only one I have of the exhaust tip. It is a MBRP 5" with 6" tip. Unless you do a full delete, you won't get any real change in the exhaust note.

DSC03810.jpg

mrplowjr_Ez_v

Reaction score
Sounds like I'll be going single, no need to spend the extra coin. not sure if im going to do DPF back with a delete pipe or just do DP back.

Kinda want to retain the ability to fairly easily swap in the DPF. then again if I go this route, there currently is no option for a muffler.

mrplowjr_Ez_v

Reaction score
This is the only one I have of the exhaust tip. It is a MBRP 5" with 6" tip. Unless you do a full delete, you won't get any real change in the exhaust note.

Sagebel, were you living in NY a few years back, your name looks familiar. anyhow, nice looking truck.

scorps67

Reaction score
i'd agree with the above...a single exit pipe will have a more efficient flow out, as the dual has to channel from a single out into a dual-out. If the truck has the capacity for real-deal true duals, that would be more logical, but for most anything newer, a single exit coming down from the headers is really a better option as far as efficiency goes, as you get better pressure on the exhaust out. just my humble opinion though, i'm not too far off sticking a new single, dpf-back exhaust on myself.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I have duals on my truck... Different year and all, but I like them... Love them? No. Like them, yes.

Makes a mess on both sides of the truck however. But with a 6.7 I dont think you will have much issue with soot...LOL

Jesse@MBRP

Reaction score
Our DPF back kits accept our delete pipes so you can swap the DPF on and off for "racing." Our dual kits will allow you to keep the spare tire as well.

mrplowjr_Ez_v

Reaction score
I am from WNY. I was at one of the WNYPS GTGs a few years back when I was home on leave. Probably Feb 2010. My old truck was a green 2000.

Ahh yes! I remember I had the teal/island blue 2000 reg cab. I just picked this thing up last week after finally offloading the y2k. I miss it already but excited to get the '11 up to speed. probably won't ever be a min 13's truck but its a heck of alot more comfortable.

Jesse: Thanks for the info, this is what I was hoping for. If you happen to see this, do you know if its possible to install a muffler in the DPF delete portion if I were to go with the two piece setup? obviously there would be some cutting, but would it fit in there?

Jesse@MBRP

Reaction score
Yes, our standard 4" muffler is just a tad shorter than the intermediate pipe. This allows you to basically snap it right into place with the two ends from the pipe.

mrplowjr_Ez_v

Reaction score
cool thanks a bunch this is just what I needed. I'll probably run it without at first and see how it sounds and swap one in if it is too loud for a late night stealth arrival.

J-Tank

Reaction score
I think it all depends on the truck. Some trucks look good with duels and some look good with single regardless if its stacks or just a side exhaust I think it all depends on the truck.

Latest posts

Members online