Slave cylinder split 2 days after heim mod?

Got Smoke?

Reaction score
Ok so I installed the Heim joint mod/fix to the master cylinder rod on Saturday.
I marked the swing arm against one of the brackets so when I removed it to knockout the stud I would get it back in the exact spot. When I reassembled it there appeared to be no difference, my clutch still engaged & disengaged an inch from the floor but started just fine. Well Saturday night while out with friend the truck wouldn't start unless I slammed the clutch pedal into the floor. Pulled the truck back in the shop Sunday morning popped the swing arm loose and moved it forward one tooth and suddenly its acting like a clutch should releases up high, and my pedal returned all the way to the top it didn't hang down like it was pushed in half way all the time.

Drove fine yesterday and this morning, then when coming to a stop at a red light a few hours ago I went to downshift and the pedal hit the floor.:cursing: Had it towed to a friends shop and he just called me a few minutes ago said the slave cylinder was spitting fluid out the back of it. Got a new master/slave cylinder coming in the morning from O'Reilly's it should be back on the road before lunch.

Just wondering if this is coincidence or not?:shrug:

1170713_618956014803163_167844699_n.jpg

Zmann

Reaction score
i am thinking coincidence
since I can't see how the Heim even if at the wrong location would compromise the slave ?

Got Smoke?

Reaction score
i am thinking coincidence
since I can't see how the Heim even if at the wrong location would compromise the slave ?

Well I'm thinking coincidence too my line of thinking is the slave wasn't having to work near as hard only engaging and disengaging and inch or so.... now it has much more travel/feel in the pedal. Also its working a "brand new" south bend pressure plate too at 201,000 miles doubtful its ever been replaced to because the master eyelet was egg shaped.

Got Smoke?

Reaction score
how old is the clutch?
diaphram clutches get very hard pedal at the end of their life

Brand new less than 1,000 miles... My buddy finally got it finished today. Had to install a new clutch safety switch also. Someone had put a bushing or something behind my original one to take up the slack from the low pedal. When he removed it to install the new hydro's he said it came apart on him. So he just installed a new one

Sent from the command position of my dinosaur.

Latest posts

Members online