Slicks or radials?

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right section and will ****** if needed.
Have a 2014 f250 369sxe 15 pump Midwest comp trans. Finally installing a TruTrac in the coming weeks so I'll finally get to take it to the track. I am a 2WD truck which is the challenge.
The slick I'm looking at is m&h 28x10.5x17 but I'm worried being bias ply with my radial proxes on front I'll get the sway on the top end. But I don't feel like running a normal radial will give me enough bite to be worth the money. I'm trying to go out and launch the piss out of the truck. I don't want to buy radials and be disappointed cause I can only leave on like 5lbs of boost.

What's everyone using for tire choices on 2wd trucks? I'm using the stock 17x8 work truck wheels on rear

Reaction score
I've been in a lightning f150 with slicks on rear and radials up front and it didn't have sway. 5,500lb truck.
I'd prefer slicks over radials. But I'm just paranoid with a truck weighing 8k and slicks rear and radials front the sway will get real sketchy in the top end.

My mustang I ran slicks rear radials front and if I dropped below 12psi tire pressure it would be scary at the end of the track. It would sway a foot or so to each side. And when trapping 146 in the 1/4. That's not a exciting feeling.

sootie

Reaction score
i think that chassis setup is almost half the battle on a 2wd for getting a good 60'

Reaction score
i think that chassis setup is almost half the battle on a 2wd for getting a good 60'
That's what I'm running into. But I'm not investing any money suspension wise into the truck right now. Within the next 2yrs it's getting a whole new frame thrown underneath it. So I'm saving for that. No need to invest towards the leaf spring suspension. It'll be on air.

Latest posts

Members online