sloppy steering

johndeerezach

Reaction score
so im finally fed up with the sloppy freakin steering. i have no idea why its sloppy tho. i can turn the steering wheel and its very loose and wont move tires side to side until i get out of the loose are in the wheel. can someone point me in the right direction. thank you

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Probably goin to have to get a new stearing box. Mine is super worn out too, tried tightening the worm gear but it didn't help. I plan on getting a redhead box though sometime soon.

22crew

Reaction score
Mines the same way, i'm thinking of just spending the extra $$$ and going with hydraulic assist, going to be getting back from a deployment where i made a little extra money so why not. 10 yrs and 38's took its toll on the gearbox.

johndeerezach

Reaction score
thanks for the link to your write up. and i will have to check the tie rod ends im pretty sure they were good but it could be a accumulation of stuff.

alradco

Reaction score
I just had my front end rebuilt and the steering is now great. Money well spent.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
When you replace your box get a redhead steering box. Its like getting a new truck driving wise if everything else is tight. Zero play and tracks like a car. Also I can actually turn the wheels sitting still without fighting the truck. Awesome upgrade/replacement.

PSDEng

Reaction score
When you replace your box get a redhead steering box. Its like getting a new truck driving wise if everything else is tight. Zero play and tracks like a car. Also I can actually turn the wheels sitting still without fighting the truck. Awesome upgrade/replacement.

:whs: I love mine!

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Sounds like a need to place an order for one
195k on mine and im sure its the stock box, it wonders and is hard to turn

7.3 Cowboy

Reaction score
That's just a band-aid.....it MIGHT help the problem for a bit but eventually the steering will get sloppy again. If the box needs replaced it needs replaced.

Yeah it's a temporary solution. Mines been adjusted for 40k or so and is still going

johndeerezach

Reaction score
so i tore in the the front end and the tie rod and drag link were shot so tore them off. was guna reuse those sleeves but when i got to put it together the sleeves are shot, have marks all over them like they have been reused already and the threads on the inside are basically smooth. steering box seems to have no play when i wiggle it from pitman arm so after this well see if the box is bad or not.

Latest posts

Members online