Smogging not stock 7.3L

ChinatownChile

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it belongs here. My 2002 7.3l is not crazy modified, but I don't think it would ever pass smog. Visual wise at the least. My future plans are me moving back to NorCal in a few years and wanted to get some input. What current Cali owners are doing, loopholes, things like that. Can't part with my sweetpea.

ChinatownChile

Reaction score
David at DI said some of his customers were even getting hell for the regulated return system in the visual inspection part.

dietoremain

Reaction score
All I gotta say is its good to know some body. 'SMOG' bs is what it is, BS they just want money... pathetic.

Dslfumes

Reaction score
Why would you move to the cesspool that is Ca? I lived in Fairfield/Vacaville from 2001-2003 and failed a smog for having an OEM replacement muffler. "your muffler looks newer than the rest of the car, therefore you have a modified exhaust" was the excuse I got. F'n commie bastards.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
Why would you move to the cesspool that is Ca? I lived in Fairfield/Vacaville from 2001-2003 and failed a smog for having an OEM replacement muffler. "your muffler looks newer than the rest of the car, therefore you have a modified exhaust" was the excuse I got. F'n commie bastards.

:whs: Cali sucks... But it also sounds like you got a real douche of a smog tech.

I plan to have my PCM flashed with a stock or less than stock tune for my superduty with single shots so I can pass "smog". My other truck passed fine and I was told since its still so new, intakes are allowed now. I also have a stack on my truck and that didnt matter either.

Edit: Here it is at the smog shop lol
318805_2047714550739_1180686263_1839685_4930782_n.jpg

Last edited:

Dslfumes

Reaction score
A lot of smog techs in CA are so scared to lose their license and get fined by the state that if it ain't original they won't pass it. California's government is so oppressive it's people have a hard time being free.

If you find a good smog shop that isn't like the soup nazi it is probably in your best interest to keep him a secret.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
A lot of smog techs in CA are so scared to lose their license and get fined by the state that if it ain't original they won't pass it. California's government is so oppressive it's people have a hard time being free.

If you find a good smog shop that isn't like the soup nazi it is probably in your best interest to keep him a secret.

Very true...

ChinatownChile

Reaction score
:whs: Cali sucks... But it also sounds like you got a real douche of a smog tech.

I plan to have my PCM flashed with a stock or less than stock tune for my superduty with single shots so I can pass "smog". My other truck passed fine and I was told since its still so new, intakes are allowed now. I also have a stack on my truck and that didnt matter either.

Edit: Here it is at the smog shop lol
318805_2047714550739_1180686263_1839685_4930782_n.jpg

****..... where is this smog station at.

neverkickn

Reaction score
****..... where is this smog station at.

California:lookaround:

Arisley

Reaction score
They don't do smog checks in Texas, I still show up with a case of Bud Light. Even when I had gassers that did get smogged, the Bud Light passed me everytime.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
Register your truck in a smog exempt county LOL

Thats what im thinking of doing lol

But I recently heard that they have started doing mobile stations on the side of the road like they do with the gassers... Had one is south sacramento recently and just heard rumor of one in lodi.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
Mobile stations?????? What are those??????

California Highway Patrol sets up a little station on the side of the road and starts flagging down and pulling over "random" vehicles to get smog test/inspection right there on the side of the road. You CAN refuse the test, but you will be cited to go in for an inspection at another time. California is seriously a ***in nazi state

Latest posts

Members online