Smoking tail lights, 3rd brake, and mirror signal light...

DWhite

Reaction score
I've tinted my and it isn't bad at all. Clean them up real good then spray them and then spray over a few coats of clearcoat.

BlAcKeNeD

Reaction score
Ive done a set with nightshades... gets really dark really fast if your not careful...I wet sanded in between coats and the best finish on mine turned out too dark although they look excellent... I ended up with a set of 08 tails from smokedouttailights... and I would recommend them to anyone... very nice product and finish was excellent... shipping was pretty quick and packaging was awesome.... save yourself some time and headache and have them done... my .02

Bigshow

Reaction score
What shade level did you go with - I see they have 3 darkness levels?
Did you leave the backup section of the tail lights, and the cargo lamp portion of the third brake light, clear?
Did you also do your mirror signal lights?
Any pictures??

under construction

Reaction score
I had all of my lights done (headlights, tail lights, mirror marker lights, cab lights, third brake light, and fog lights) by a local painter for $300.00. They turned out great.

BlAcKeNeD

Reaction score
I had them done in medium... my trucks black so they look darker then they are... In the shade they look black... In the sun they have a smoked dark cherry color... I really like them... If i had a different color truck i would have probably gone dark on the shade... I did have the third brake light done as well and I did leave the cargo lights and reverse lights clear... also my truck did not come with the signals in the mirrors but when i upgrade I will have them done also... I'll snap a few pics but if you have instagram and search smokedlights he has several pics of his work...

DWhite

Reaction score
I bought some leds lights for the tails and they wasn't that bright so I went and got the brightest sliverstar or w.e they are called. They was brighter then the leds in my opinion but I tinted my lights pretty dark.

BlAcKeNeD

Reaction score
Bigshow...
I used retro solutions leds for everything... I have the cree led's in the backup and cargo lights... Super wedge red led's for the brake and turn signal in the rear along with the third brake light.... I also went with amber ones for the front turn signals... They are twice as bright as stock and way brighter than cheaper leds I have used... The cree reverse bulbs are magnificent to say the least... The light output at night from the tails is probably better than a stock bulb in a stock tail light...

Bigshow

Reaction score
Bigshow...
I used retro solutions leds for everything... I have the cree led's in the backup and cargo lights... Super wedge red led's for the brake and turn signal in the rear along with the third brake light.... I also went with amber ones for the front turn signals... They are twice as bright as stock and way brighter than cheaper leds I have used... The cree reverse bulbs are magnificent to say the least... The light output at night from the tails is probably better than a stock bulb in a stock tail light...

I would have never thought of the red LEDS - I was thinking white would cut through the tint better
I like your last sentence, as having less visibility for tails, brakes, and signals is dangerous IMHO...

Latest posts

Members online