Snow performance

Twan

Reaction score
Thinking about running snow performce with blue washer or water to lower egts about 100*, will it hurt the truck? Do you think it will put more pressure on the head bolts? I don't need any power from it, just to keep my egts under the 1350 mark when playing around.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Been running snow's stage II kit for nearly 6 years and love it. I'm using two nozzles...a 625ml/min and a 175ml/min. I have it coming on at 15psi and full at 30psi. I only run the cheap blue windshield washer fluid, but i only use the winter blend stuff cause the winter blend has more methanol than the summer blend. I run snow's 7 gallon tank in my bed and also put two bottles of radiator anti-rust/water pump lubricant mixed with the washer fluid. Alot of truck and tractor pullers use it in their water injection systems.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Dlinzy

Reaction score
I"ve got the stage II kit as well, trying to decide where to mount the pump and if and how to tap the washer tank.

I'm uncertain as to where in relation to the washer tank i can mount the pump, is higher than the tank ok? or low down under the Pass. battery beneath the tank?

Connected the upfitter switches and will use the 10 amp to control the controller and pump.

Washer low fluid indicator will alert me when to shut off the system.

Denny

strokin6L

Reaction score
You can't mount the pump higher than the tank....the pump has to be lower than the tank because of gravity feed. I've got the pump mounted just below the drivers side door. I use to have it tapped into my factory washer fluid tank...now i have snow's 7 gallon tank in the bed.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I run the 7 gallon tank on mine as well. Sits in the bed. Strokin i gta get some of that lubrication, i remember you telling me to run it with the washer fluid, just havnt had a minute to go get some...i seem to have spent mos of my free time latley working on a few minor adjustments to my truck haha.

Did you do any adjustments on the pump, or just on the controller?

strokin6L

Reaction score
Mark, i just adjusted the stage II controller for the injection timing(start @ 15psi and full @ 30psi). Only thing i did to the pump was turn the set screw to make sure it's set at the full psi rating.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Mark, i just adjusted the stage II controller for the injection timing(start @ 15psi and full @ 30psi). Only thing i did to the pump was turn the set screw to make sure it's set at the full psi rating.

yea because it was a last minute add on for us, i never even messed with the pump. Il have to check it out, i run mine the same as you are 15 and 30, did you find the set screw was turned down any or was it where it needed to be?

Twan

Reaction score
Can you make it so you can trun it on full for a hill then off after you top the hills, that's the only time my truck gets hot is when it's over 3k rpms.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I know with the tow max controller, you have adjustability with the unit, you can set it to come on i beleive at 10lbs of boost, and its also egt driven as well. between those settings you should be able to adjust it to come on for your specific set up

strokin6L

Reaction score
Mark, It's been a long time since i installed it, but i think i had to turn up the setscrew. I really don't remember how much tho.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I run the cooling mist setup but the snow is nice as well and it's one of my favorite things I have done to the truck, just remember if you set the boost to low you will run thru the fluid very quickly mine was set from the factory to come on at 10psi and pulling my car trailer any slight incline i would creep up on 10psi and it would start spraying so I used a ton of washer fluid.... As soon as I get my truck back I'm upgrading to the progressive controller and the 7 gallon tank

Twan

Reaction score
How much did it drop your egts?
I would set it up for over 20psi and on a switch so it won't turn on unless I want it too.
I only need it on a few hills when I go camping, about 1 most of the time, unless I get slowed down. Hoping I won't need water when I get the durastroke turbo. Got my powermax sold.

MorganY

Reaction score
i run the mpg max kit from snow, the pump is mounted to the cab just under the read passenger side door, cut the bottom of my toolbox to conceal the 7 gallon reservoir .

EGT's drop- not much unless I'm using all 3 nozzles at 100%

HP- picked up 50hp/80ft lbs of torque on a super flow dyno and 190/75's

second that what chris said about mounting the pump lower than the resi

strokin6L

Reaction score
strokin6l whats the anti rust do? i havent really looked into water/meth but figured id be running it before too long and was wondering what that was suppose to do?

it'll lubricate the inside of the injection pump, but it will also keep rust from forming in the heads if there was any sort of moisture left over from using it. Some guys run straight water(especially truck/tractor pulling guys cause anything else is illegal), so that's why they use it....to keep rust from forming inside the heads. It's just a good cheap safety measure to make sure the inside stays clean and rust free.

strokin6L

Reaction score
All of the kits come with an arming switch to turn on the system. I can have my switch turned on all the time, but it wont actually start injecting anything till it hits the preset boost starting point. And when it does my green LED indicator light will light up to let me know that's injecting already.

This is my old gauge setup, but i'm still using the same LED next to the pyro in my new gauge setup. This way i see the LED light up and look at the EGT's to see how they're doing when it's injecting.

Attachments

• 108.JPG
    108.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

PSDnate

Reaction score
i run the mpg max kit from snow, the pump is mounted to the cab just under the read passenger side door, cut the bottom of my toolbox to conceal the 7 gallon reservoir .

EGT's drop- not much unless I'm using all 3 nozzles at 100%

HP- picked up 50hp/80ft lbs of torque on a super flow dyno and 190/75's

second that what chris said about mounting the pump lower than the resi

How many mpg's did you pick up? Also how much washer fluid are you guys going through? I was thinking about getting a kit to help improve mpg's and for towing.

Latest posts

Members online