so I have a spare s480 laying around

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
As the title says spare s480 1.15 t4i housing saying its a 96mm turbine wheel i'm guessing there. Can this be incorporated into a 6.4? Was thinking about going with a drop in but I only have 500 in this turbo. Any ideas? Anyone done this before?

madman1234509

Reaction score
Shove it in front of your stockers with stock fuel, should be fun. If bp is too high with the 1.15 housing gate around it or get a bigger housing.....

You can also buy another small turbo and make a compound set up. Like something between 62-66

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Throwing in front of an already compounded turbo setup sounds like a bad idea. I was thinking song the lines of replacing the stock atmosphere with the 480 didn't know how it would spool though

madman1234509

Reaction score
Someone threw a big turbo in front of the stockers a while back and made over 1000 hp. Just gate around the stock turbos and into the big one to relieve back pressure, and again around the big one if your exhaust housing is too small.

I wouldn't replace the stock atmosphere with it unless it was a bolt on, too much fab work for the outcome. Itd be just as easy to leave the stockers and put it in front of them

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Either way you go it will work

I dont know if i would want to run an s480 with a stock high pressure turbo tho.

If it were me i think i would get a 62 and couple that with the 80 and make a pretty fun street truck.

Possibilities are endless with that turbo.

Sofa King

Reaction score
As the title says spare s480 1.15 t4i housing saying its a 96mm turbine wheel i'm guessing there. Can this be incorporated into a 6.4? Was thinking about going with a drop in but I only have 500 in this turbo. Any ideas? Anyone done this before?

I highly doubt its a t4 foot with the 96 turbine wheel. It is possible but there aren't many people that will make that housing. Measure the wheel if it is t4 cut for the 96 wheel if ya want to sell it id be interested.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.