So it begins

isootmypants

Reaction score
Well I had "detuned" it for about 2 months. As in, put stock manifolds on, and a 467.7. I just didn't like the 67. It felt like it fell on its face on top end. Cage was cut out, ac and heat put back in. New carpet and dynamat down, full interior. Motor was still having an issue with start up when sitting for a week or two, tore in down to check things. Found scoring in front cover and leak on hpop outlet port. Replaced necessary parts, and o rings yada yada. Was waiting to put motor back in and a new article in diesel world came out with another write up on mine, jelichs, and zachs truck... Soooo

2 weeks ago got horned up and sent my injectors over to swamps, bumped up to 400/400 with new updates, bought my 475 back from the guy I sold it to locally, he never even put it on. And I got my headers warranted and had a brand new updated set sent to me. It's back together, just started it last night. Need to bleed the brakes, load new tunes, and take for a test drive. Plans are 10.50-10.7 full interior with heat and ac. I may do a really nice cage with swing outs on driver and passenger sides, make a clean, safe 10 second street/strip truck.

isootmypants

Reaction score
What's the drive ability difference between the 467 and 475? What were the turbine specs on each with the 200% nozzels?

I was detuning it to be more suitable for pulling my gooseneck with whatever weight and still have fun on the street. The turbo was a forced inductions 467.7/83/1.10. It spooled nice but once it make peak boost, about 40lbs, it seemed to stop pulling. I was use to and liked how my 475/87/1.10 pulled and pulled. I can and have pulled my gooseneck with the 75 before. Just need to use the rpm range to keep egt down.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
Glad to see you went with 400/400 I'm thinking hard about upgrading myself. What is the final weigh in of the truck with the cage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thatdude

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
maybe I over looked it, but what kind of gearing are you running?

Also I assume with the extra fuel of the 400/400s you're going to go compound or are you just planning on spraying alot?

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Well I had "detuned" it for about 2 months. As in, put stock manifolds on, and a 467.7. I just didn't like the 67. It felt like it fell on its face on top end. Cage was cut out, ac and heat put back in. New carpet and dynamat down, full interior. Motor was still having an issue with start up when sitting for a week or two, tore in down to check things. Found scoring in front cover and leak on hpop outlet port. Replaced necessary parts, and o rings yada yada. Was waiting to put motor back in and a new article in diesel world came out with another write up on mine, jelichs, and zachs truck... Soooo

2 weeks ago got horned up and sent my injectors over to swamps, bumped up to 400/400 with new updates, bought my 475 back from the guy I sold it to locally, he never even put it on. And I got my headers warranted and had a brand new updated set sent to me. It's back together, just started it last night. Need to bleed the brakes, load new tunes, and take for a test drive. Plans are 10.50-10.7 full interior with heat and ac. I may do a really nice cage with swing outs on driver and passenger sides, make a clean, safe 10 second street/strip truck.
holy crap man!! talk about changing chit up and then goin for broke!! that is awesome! gonna be a bad motor scooter when done!!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Latest posts

Members online