So your truck has cold start issues? Runs rough? White smoke?

webb06

Reaction score
Quick question.
Do you change the oil and add the 9100 to the fresh oil.
Or add it to the old oil. Drive then change it to fresh lube?

He latter doesn't quite seem like an effective way to do it.

Either add it to the oil in it or go ahead and change the oil.

We usually just dump it in and see if it's going to help the injectors. If not we service the oil when we install new injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snik

Reaction score
Either add it to the oil in it or go ahead and change the oil.

We usually just dump it in and see if it's going to help the injectors. If not we service the oil when we install new injectors.

Ok cool. I'll change and add it.
I'm even more convinced mine is really mild, because the other day it was a little cool, like how it always comes on all rough. But it didn't do it.
I hope none are shot and need replacing.

Does anyone sell software to check the injectors, that will run on a regular laptop?

I have some 3rd party software for my car and bike. Is there any for ford?

snik

Reaction score
That damn Archoil 9100. **** is amazing.
So yesterday I changed the oil, rotella T6. According to the previous owner, that's what was in the truck anyway. If he was honest about it, like he seemed to be about everything else so far. The oil I changed had about 8500 miles on it.
Motorcraft filters all around.

Changed the fuel filters too, they looked good. Not really dirty at all and were motorcraft. Id say they were def changed in the past year.

Anyway. Got in it just now. Cranked right up as usual, idled a tad smoother than usual, I then took it around the block on a cold motor.
Both ECT and EOT were like 70 something degrees by the time I got back. No white smoke. No hesitation. Instant throttle response. Pretty much feels like a fully warmed up truck, but it's cold. Very, very happy.

So my question now is. Do I add Archoil 9100 maybe every other oil change? Or only when symptoms present themselves again?

Last edited:

webb06

Reaction score
That damn Archoil 9100. **** is amazing.
So yesterday I changed the oil, rotella T6. According to the previous owner, that's what was in the truck anyway. If he was honest about it, like he seemed to be about everything else so far. The oil I changed had about 8500 miles on it.
Motorcraft filters all around.

Changed the fuel filters too, they looked good. Not really dirty at all and were motorcraft. Id say they were def changed in the past year.

Anyway. Got in it just now. Cranked right up as usual, idled a tad smoother than usual, I then took it around the block on a cold motor.
Both ECT and EOT were like 70 something degrees by the time I got back. No white smoke. No hesitation. Instant throttle response. Pretty much feels like a fully warmed up truck, but it's cold. Very, very happy.

So my question now is. Do I add Archoil 9100 maybe every other oil change? Or only when symptoms present themselves again?

Id recommend every other oil change. Or every oil change if you can. It'll really help keep the injectors clean

Latest posts

Members online