Some new stuff for my setup

psduser1

Reaction score
Posting some sotp results after basic upgrades.
This truck came to me stock at 130xxx mi., and its a dd. This summer, it lived in front of 16-20k worth of gn. Did pretty decent, but I was using most of its available power!
So, a little research, and I had a 4" exhaust, Tymar intake, and PHP tunes,adrenaline hpop. Better! Sorry, no gauges
:doh:

More reading, more talking to vendors, more info.
Now, 38r, dd clutch, gages (scangauge, egt, boost), and rr. Pulling the same weight, everything is much happier, and I can see it by gauge. Gcvw of approximately 19,500 from mi to fl, set the cruise at 67 mph, the highest egt I saw was 1300 , Bills 80 horse setting. Duty cycle was 75%ish, at 2800 psi. I tryed 25 and 60 settings, similar results, sometimes better, occasionally slightly worse. This is on stock AD injectors. Obviously, the hpop is close to its limits.
Boost made it to 21 lbs, once. I'm happy with that, for now. Spoolup was at 1600-1700 rpm, pretty close to stock, which will be perfect with another charger up top to open up the rpm band.
No big numbers, not big sales type info, just a good solid, RELIABE tow rig. It has limits, but for less than 3500$, I've got all new, or as good as new parts, and a solid foundation to go bigger on.
Thoughts? Advice on the next step?
Sorry about the long post, and thank you for all your help so far.

psduser1

Reaction score
Yes, #s aren't great on the hpop. Works for now, while I examine other options though. Kinda want to see how the srp works out. I'm curious to see what AD does with hybrids also.

psduser1

Reaction score
Scanguage is good!
I'm curious how a stock pump compares, as well. Back when I bought the Ad, I knew even less than I do now. The pump has been in service for about 50k mi, and stone stock perfect, otherwise.
I only saw those numbers twice, usually hung around 50-60% pulling a grade, loaded. I'll have to try a full power, hot tune run, without the fifthwheel, and post up.

psduser1

Reaction score
Ok , got a few miles on, since last post-4500-5000 or so.
All empty, mostly highway.

First, cruising at 65-70 mph this pump will hold 1600-2400 at 20-35% all day depending on grade. Good enough for Bills 80h dd tune.
Just for sh!ts and giggles, I bumped up to the 140x tune, also Bills.
Not so nice, under steady load, the press and dc were comparable. However, at wot, the ad isn't happy.
Straight to 3k, for a second, then down to 2400-2600, then down to 1600-1700!
2400 psi at approximately 28-2900 rpms,1700 at approximately 3200 rpms. At this point, the truck is falling on its face, running out of fuel. Running at 3000 rpm, everything is happy, anymore, and its done. I'm pretty sure Bill told me that his programs eliminated all defuelling points, so the hpop is apparently not stout enough for what is being asked of it.

Is this logical, or am I missing something?
Oh yeah, under wot, any tune, I'm getting a SES light, which goes away shortly after rpms come back down. Haven't checked this with the scangauge, but im fairly certain its oil-related with the above numbers.:doh:
When's the srp coming back? Or, fk it, spend a bigger $ and get something bigger? I'm only going to, at most, a 250/200 injector.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
You need to call the DieselSite and complain.... Your pump is not doing what you paid for.

That pump should be able to run those injectors 100% wide open...and do it with under 50% DC. Call them and tell them your results

Tom S

Reaction score
I started a fresh thread so we can discuss the Adrenaline in detail now that it has been out for a while.

psduser1

Reaction score
That's my first impulse, Strokerorcroak, but I want to play around a little more with the scangauge, and talk to Bill to verify what his tuning is asking for.
Those numbers are disappointing, for sure.

psduser1

Reaction score
Thanks Tom, not trying to start pump wars, again!
I'm just looking for any general insights here for reliable 500h ish daily driver, tow pig, details.

Tom S

Reaction score
Thanks Tom, not trying to start pump wars, again!
I'm just looking for any general insights here for reliable 500h ish daily driver, tow pig, details.

Nor am I. I had thought about the thread I posted before reading your results.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
WOT my termy 17* does less than 50% in my hot tune. 45-47% DC to be exact. With 250/200s.

If I were you Id have that AD sent back, you shouldnt even see half of 75% DC with stock ADs

psduser1

Reaction score
Is love it if it werer that simple, Dieselboy! DD means its here, as in not home. Not quite side of the road, but a looong way from my nice cozy shop. Like I said, let me do some more checking, and I'll keep you posted on this part.

While I'm here, anybody have any input on turbinetics products? Specificly, the gtk1000? Compared to say a garret 47 series turbo?

psduser1

Reaction score
Just, as in 5 minutes ago, yes 6.45 pm, got off the phone with Bob.
We discussed my setup and issues, and he seemed to think the problem is NOT the pump. Of course not .....
Having said that I believe he may have a very valid point. This truck with stock injectors, has over 180,000 miles. Even a brand new, brand x pump may be disappointing if your trying to cycle worn parts.
As posted originally, driving like normal on the street, empty, everything seems pretty happy. It's only when you asking for the higher end of the trucks HP range, or heavily loaded that problems surface. That could point to worn injectors, possibly. Does this make sense to any of you experts? Is 180k at the point that wear could show like this?
Remembering, of course, this truck is on its 2nd set of up-pipes, 3rd clutch, basically, its 2nd turbo, and god knows what else? As in, its worked hard most of its life

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
180k miles and my injector o-rings still looked pink like new. I dont think thats any excuse for the pump to be weak.

Either youve got a leaky injector oring causing the pump to blow past it once its really working hard...or the pump is not doing its job correctly. A worn out injector should not be demanding more oil, unless my thinking is totally skewed

psduser1

Reaction score
I was gonna quote Bob, but rather not misquote! Basically, what I understood him to say was that if its making the commanded 3k psi and falling off, the injector tolerances may be out of spec. He specifically mentioned worn poppets, not a word about o-rings. Leaky o-rings could show in the exhaust wouldn't it? Which isn't the case here, so far.
I wouldn't mind trying termies, Joey just never called me back....

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I was gonna quote Bob, but rather not misquote! Basically, what I understood him to say was that if its making the commanded 3k psi and falling off, the injector tolerances may be out of spec. He specifically mentioned worn poppets, not a word about o-rings. Leaky o-rings could show in the exhaust wouldn't it? Which isn't the case here, so far.
I wouldn't mind trying termies, Joey just never called me back....

You wouldnt be disappointed in termies.

And bob is probably right, the guy knows his stuff! Floating poppets could definitely be an issue. Just seems like plenty of guys are running 200-300k mile injectors without the same complaints.

I would take Bob's advice over most though, he has done plenty of research

psduser1

Reaction score
Just a little up date.
Got a chance to check fuel pressure. All good, 65 psi,with one pump or two together. I do seem to be fighting an intemittent air leak into the fuel, but no leaks, so thats gotta be on the suction side.
I did find the ipr nut in the valley, that's now back on, we'll see if it stays till I have time to pressure check the oil system.

caladash

Reaction score
You mentioned a SES light that would go away after driving. Most likely an over boost code that may be defueling. My tunes from Bill are supposed to eliminte that but it still posts.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.