Some new stuff for my setup

psduser1

Reaction score
You mentioned a SES light that would go away after driving. Most likely an over boost code that may be defueling. My tunes from Bill are supposed to eliminte that but it still posts.

I believe you are correct, per my emails with Cody. That's why I think its oil-related, Im just not sure on which parameters drive which action i.e. chicken or the egg. I can easily hit 30 psi, or more, on the boost gauge! Will a temp. SES light store a code that the scanguage can read, or will I have to catch it on the fly, so to speak?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I believe you are correct, per my emails with Cody. That's why I think its oil-related, Im just not sure on which parameters drive which action i.e. chicken or the egg. I can easily hit 30 psi, or more, on the boost gauge! Will a temp. SES light store a code that the scanguage can read, or will I have to catch it on the fly, so to speak?

It should store it! All codes that come up should be stored

Strokin Platinum

Reaction score
In reference to the injectors being worn out at 180k, yea it's definitely possible. At 180k my injectors were so worn the truck wouldn't start in 45* weather when plugged in.

psduser1

Reaction score
Been a little slow messing with my trucks quirks, my family has been down getting some sunshine! I did get a new ipr in, seemed to help a little. Under WOT, pressure will got to 3k, then fall off to 24-25k, and hold that. I haven't seen it drop below, so a the new ipr did help. Haven't had time to pressure-check the heads.
I did however, get my aeration issues sorted out, and that also made things happier.
Now to get some money in a pile for another turbo and new injectors.
:rolleyes:

psduser1

Reaction score
Small update....
Got a srp1.1- big thanks to Mikes diesel performance from the great state of Mi. I called him for some parts for the ex, got to bs' ing, he had a new pump on the way, so he took care of me! Took a couple of hours, swapped out pumps, and took for a little test ride. Couldn't tell the difference from the adrenaline, smoothwise. That is, till I got on the big tune (140), at which point this pump held 3270-3350 for as long as i wanted to stay there. I belueve with new injectors it'll really shine. Oh yeah duty cycle held 44.6%! I will have to get some weight on a trailer, and pull some grades to see what its really capable of, but so far I'm impressed.
Now to put that adrenaline on the ex, see if that will help that out a little.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
So your taking the adrenaline hpop that ia showing weak numbers and putting it on another truck? I think I would be sending it back to see what is going on and having it tested for peace of mind.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
So your taking the adrenaline hpop that ia showing weak numbers and putting it on another truck? I think I would be sending it back to see what is going on and having it tested for peace of mind.

Yeah, I would call bob and ask if he can go thru it for you and check it out before you swap it on another truck.... I know my adrenaline holds pretty darn good pressure with my 250/200s I never checked with my stock injectors but it shouldn't have a problem with it and if you are seeing a big improvement with the srp.1 It would seem there's a problem with it

psduser1

Reaction score
So I sent the pump in Wed last week, talked to Bob, he had it back to me Tuesday. Talk about helping a guy out! His customer service is great.
Bob tore the pump down, inspected it, and reassembled it. I told him what I'd been seeing with the scangauge, and asked his opinions on the health of this adrenaline. He could find nothing wrong with it, and sent it back. I think probably my srp1.1 just masks the tired injectors because its capable of more flow.
Anyway, the adrenaline is now living under the hood of an excursion, where it seems quite comfortable. Changing pumps did seem to lighten up smoke just a tad:shrug:
on both trucks

psduser1

Reaction score
Old thread..... New injectors.
After talking with a few people, and some disappointment, I picked up a set of 160/100s from a member on here. The compound setup and 300/200s will have to age a little more until I can put together a better bottom end.

I ran this setup today, happy with what it is. It's definitely not where I want to be, but its better than where I was, lol. Too bad my scangauge sh!t the bed last week, so no numbers from that yet, but my egts are a lot nicer under load. Thanks to gearhead for dialing the tunes pretty well on the first try, hope nate can get him north for some livetuning in the near future.:thumbup:

2000wa250

Reaction score
Just an idea with the AD, if you found the IPR nut in teh valley, that could have been your issue. IPR was not getting the full force of the magnetic field, therefore the PCM would keep calling duty cycle to try and get the desired pressure, however if that signal isnt actually performing work on the electromagnet, then it would all be for naught. That being said, did you get any data once you put the nut back on on the AD?

Those would have to be extremely tired injectors for them to be bleeding THAT much pressure at WOT. once the IPR gets past about 60% it really doesnt choke off that much more flow, so basically you were loosing pressure with a closed IPR. As far as I'm concerned, if your injectors were leaking that bad, you would be experiencing other symptoms (hard starts, leak down while sitting, fluctuating ICP at lower levels), the fact that you didnt state any other symptoms, makes me think that the AD simply wasnt producing what was being called for.

I know you have since rectified the situation, but wanted to just chime in on that for future readers.

Latest posts

Members online