Some shutter/miss issues?

Opz350

Reaction score
Ok, a little background on the truck. It's a 05 F350, EGR delete, head studs, oil cooler relocated, and had 5 new injectors 2 years ago. Has 194,000 miles

Running a gear head SRL+ tune. I hadn't really noticed any issues except for rough running when cold startup, ran fine after it warmed up. I assumed probably the 3 injectors that haven't been changed may have some stiction issues. Anyway, after warm seemed to run fine.

I took the truck to the ford dealer and had the oil filter/fuel filters changed yesterday. Maybe this is just a coincidence, but now it seems to surge sometimes on hard acceleration under a load, like pulling a steep hill? I switched to my 8k tune because I have to tow my trailer tomorrow and it seems better or maybe isn't even happening. Back to the SRL tune and it does it again, noticeably.

I have a low battery issue I believe, seems weak on startup and the last time I went to switch tune is wouldn't do it because my battery level was to low. I plan to switch out batteries tonight.

My question is could a weak battery cause the surging issue I'm experiencing? Or what should I look for? I have to take a trip tomorrow and I'm starting to worry about this. The surging seems to happen in upper gears, like OD mostly. I'm reading and reading but seems to be so many things it maybe could be? Idles and drives fine at slower speeds, and seemed to drive better with the different tune. I'm not sure what to do...

Opz350

Reaction score
Could it be a VGT problem? Just seems weird that I notice this after the service I just had, but maybe there is no connection..

Opz350

Reaction score
Well new batteries and on a tow program, pulled my 8000 trailer through the mountains like a champ, so, I dunno

Latest posts

Members online