******* SOTF release

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Right now it will turn 9 times. Is that right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the stop washer has gotten loose during the install. You are going to want to give tech support a call on Monday to fix that.

With the washer missing or broken, the far left will still be the lowest power setting. Anything past the 4th click (5th level) will be 600. It should stop on the 5th setting.

higherlife

Reaction score
Sounds like the stop washer has gotten loose during the install. You are going to want to give tech support a call on Monday to fix that.

With the washer missing or broken, the far left will still be the lowest power setting. Anything past the 4th click (5th level) will be 600. It should stop on the 5th setting.

Cool. I got it figured out once I knew how many clicks it was suppose to go. Y'all definitely did a great job, from customer support response to a quick and clean install. Mad props.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
The first thing I will say is after running the 600qr tune for the last few months and around 4k miles. The sotf 600 tune is disappointing. All the tunes are good and smooth. Actually like the 400qr. Ill comment more when I get some more miles on it.

Anyone know if I can go back to the standard non sotf 600qr or do I have to disconnect the sotf knob first?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
The first thing I will say is after running the 600qr tune for the last few months and around 4k miles. The sotf 600 tune is disappointing. All the tunes are good and smooth. Actually like the 400qr. Ill comment more when I get some more miles on it.

Anyone know if I can go back to the standard non sotf 600qr or do I have to disconnect the sotf knob first?

Which SOTF tune are you running from the 3 files to chose from?

jbair14

Reaction score

I'm having an issue with my TQ Converter locking up in 2nd or 3rd gear with the SOTF tunes, Matt is working on trying to solve it. I agree they aren't the same a the previous 600 QR but I'm sure they'll get it dialed in.

I believe you can go back to the normal file without having to unplug the dial. I drove mine with it plugged in for a day before I got tunes.

Last edited:

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I am running the sotf quick response tune. It feels like the first set of tunes that came out. Stock with more power. The 400-550 are nice and smooth. Power is there. I don't think the shifting is firm enough on the 600 tune. I didn't feel comfortable getting Into the throttle. I am just too use to the 600qr that was released sometime in March. Seems like the 600 had a lot more injector rattle too.

If I had to put a name on it I would call this tune set quick response non enhanced trans based on the other tunes. I didn't try the other two soft tunes. Sotf quick response enhanced trans would probably do it for me.

Btw. I am not bitching in the least bit. Don't take it that way. Just a current review. Everything is working properly which is great. No codes or anything. I'll probably go back to the 600qr till more tunes are released.

Last edited:

higherlife

Reaction score
8a9f70e6e1c7e841f350608c966da216.jpg

Not quite stock but thought I would throw it out there.

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
What's your other connection beside the switch there?? Almost looks like an air or hydraulic quick connect haha

higherlife

Reaction score
What's your other connection beside the switch there?? Almost looks like an air or hydraulic quick connect haha

It's to hook up the controller for the winch I have mounted in the bumper. On the other side of the knob is where I'm going to put the onboard air gauge/controller.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I am running the sotf quick response tune. It feels like the first set of tunes that came out. Stock with more power. The 400-550 are nice and smooth. Power is there. I don't think the shifting is firm enough on the 600 tune. I didn't feel comfortable getting Into the throttle. I am just too use to the 600qr that was released sometime in March. Seems like the 600 had a lot more injector rattle too.

If I had to put a name on it I would call this tune set quick response non enhanced trans based on the other tunes. I didn't try the other two soft tunes. Sotf quick response enhanced trans would probably do it for me.

Btw. I am not bitching in the least bit. Don't take it that way. Just a current review. Everything is working properly which is great. No codes or anything. I'll probably go back to the 600qr till more tunes are released.

I wonder if the 15 and newer guys just need to wait on the new revision that will combine the enhanced shifting strategy at WOT with the regular shifting at part throttle?

Notneb

Reaction score
I wonder if the 15 and newer guys just need to wait on the new revision that will combine the enhanced shifting strategy at WOT with the regular shifting at part throttle?

To be fair, the 600QR tune *non-SOTF* is a work of art... The low throttle shifting and throttle response is perfect... makes me reaaaal curious on the new rev's...

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Got mine installed in the spot next to the exhaust brake, it clicks 5 times, so it has 6 different settings, is that correct?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
To be fair, the 600QR tune *non-SOTF* is a work of art... The low throttle shifting and throttle response is perfect... makes me reaaaal curious on the new rev's...

So is the concensus that the previous TUNES were better than the older ones??

Reason I ask is because I have NOT installed my sotf yet. Reading reviews from several of you wanting the old files back makes me hesitant.

dawashi

Reaction score
Can't you email those files to someone who needs them? I mean I have all the tunes downloaded and save on my computer.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
The latest email that comes from them has every tune in it already for the SOTF revision. I have a long list to chose from. I need to be at home to get this thing dialed asap. If it hits 1500miles before it's deeleeteed I'm gonna be mad... lol

Latest posts

Members online