Sotf Warhammer vs non SOFT Warhammer

c63 AMG

Reaction score
This is what Matt told me in an email a few weeks ago.

"2015 SOTF" is our normal, shift on the fly base file. 400HP to 600HP.

"2015 SOTF QR" is SOTF, quick response. This removes pedal damping for faster throttle response.

"2015 SOTF Smoke Limited" is the same as the normal base file, with smoke limiting on.

"SOTF WarHammerX" is our most "performance" oriented file, with Quick Response pedal, more aggressive fueling and shifting.

Hottrod81

Reaction score
If smoke limiting is the same as the base file, how do they limit the smoke and why wouldn't a person just run smoke ltd all of the time

cappa

Reaction score
So there is a difference between sotf qr and sotf warhammer? I just assumed the qr was the most aggressive file and the warhammer was the top setting? I was pretty sure when i got my tunes they said they were the only ones available for sotf and my options were the v1 which i assume is the normal file, smoke limited, and qr.

c63 AMG

Reaction score
So there is a difference between sotf qr and sotf warhammer? I just assumed the qr was the most aggressive file and the warhammer was the top setting? I was pretty sure when i got my tunes they said they were the only ones available for sotf and my options were the v1 which i assume is the normal file, smoke limited, and qr.

Warhammer is the most aggressive file. Not sure how it works with other tuners but with Ezlynk and SOTF there are 5 power levels with in the warhammer file 400-600hp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

Warhammer is the most up to date file with the transmission hydraulic holding adjustments and shifting changes (2nd gear and up lockup, etc), and with pedal dampening remove. (It's based off of the QR series of files)

This file should bring in more torque I believe it's 70 ft/lbs at 1800 RPM. Over the regular "600".

Here is nit bits of Matt's original post on the 600 Warhammer for 15 and 16s.

Spar<>tan Customers:

We've released for BETA testing, our newest revision of the 600HP Race calibration for 2015/2016MY 6.7L applications, now deemed the "WarHammer_X" race file.

This new file brings an additional 70ft/lbs of torque @ 1800RPM to bear, on top of the 1200+ created by the original 600HP calibration. While peak power remains around 600RWHP, this file is much more responsive and powerful than before.

To add to that, the WarHammer_X includes the latest hydraulic changes to our highly acclaimed 6R140 transmission tuning. This transmission tuning style is the basis for all of *******'s upcoming "V2" software for 2013 to 2016 model 6.7, and will give users who choose to beta test a taste of the coming improvements to *******'s shift quality.

-Intermittent shift flaring, SOLVED.
- 3/4 and 4/5 upshift slippage or soft shifting, SOLVED.
- Overall hydraulic holding capacity, raised 25% or more. This calibration will prove MUCH more durable at the 600+RWHP level, and will add significant lifespan to the transmission.

Hands down, this is the best shifting, and most brutal power and torque available for your 2015 or 2016MY 6.7L.

Included with the download is our base 600HP WarHammer_X calibration, along with a shift-on-the-fly variant for SOTF customers. These files are based off of our QR series (Quick Response) tuning with pedal damping removed for excellent throttle response. Transmission calibration will provide enhanced torque converter lockup (2nd gear and up). Shifting is positive, and slightly firmer than previous calibrations.

QR was the older "quick response" file. This QR file was the first file to remove the pedal dampening, for more response as some people were requesting it.

IIRC there should be no difference in power from non SOTF to SOTF Warhammer files.

Smoke limited

Is just that a low smoke version of the normal file.

"Normal"

Would be little to none smoke limitation

Hope this helps.

cappa

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up. I was pretty happy with the qr but i guess i'll have see if i can try out this file instead.

drservo

Reaction score
I finally loaded the SOTF tunes and I have shift flares with them and never had them on non SOTF tunes. Also I don't see how I could have messed up installing the knob but I can barely tell any difference in the SOTF power settings?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I finally loaded the SOTF tunes and I have shift flares with them and never had them on non SOTF tunes. Also I don't see how I could have messed up installing the knob but I can barely tell any difference in the SOTF power settings?

Do you have any DTC codes for the switch? Check the CACT pid on your nGauge and see if it changes when you are switching postions.

From the instructions

"A few key things to note

If the cable is not plugged in properly or a connection is not made, diagnostic trouble code "P3900" will be thrown for "SOTF Cable Disconnected".

If the cable or switch is damaged resulting in a shorted
circuit, diagnostic trouble code "P3901" for "SOTF Cable Short to Ground".

If the cable is disconnected or has a poor connection, the truck will default to the lowest HP setting (400HP, for 2015 and 2016MY trucks)."

drservo

Reaction score
No codes, will have to check CACT, definitely not defaulted to 400 tune. Thanks

AUTiger13

Reaction score
First off, I apologize for reviving an old thread.

Background: '16 F250 Platinum. I lost weight about a month ago and had ordered an nGauge, which was back-ordered at the time. DieselPro's in DFW did the install and gave me some "temporary" tunes to hold me over. The nGauge was installed in the closest air vent to the driver's side air vent - very clean.

I got the nGauge installed yesterday morning, and it has 12 separate tunes installed on it. I also got the SOFT knob installed. My question is thus: which tune do I need to install (out of the 12 loaded on the nGauge) in order to use the SOFT knob? I wasn't given any instruction manual from the shop so I'm somewhat in the dark here. Also, does anyone have a sheet of all the different parameters I can monitor - I checked and I couldn't find an EGT read-out that actually looks accurate.

-Jeff

redneck1

Reaction score
First off, I apologize for reviving an old thread.

Background: '16 F250 Platinum. I lost weight about a month ago and had ordered an nGauge, which was back-ordered at the time. DieselPro's in DFW did the install and gave me some "temporary" tunes to hold me over. The nGauge was installed in the closest air vent to the driver's side air vent - very clean.

I got the nGauge installed yesterday morning, and it has 12 separate tunes installed on it. I also got the SOFT knob installed. My question is thus: which tune do I need to install (out of the 12 loaded on the nGauge) in order to use the SOFT knob? I wasn't given any instruction manual from the shop so I'm somewhat in the dark here. Also, does anyone have a sheet of all the different parameters I can monitor - I checked and I couldn't find an EGT read-out that actually looks accurate.

-Jeff

The sotf tunes are listed as that in my ndash. Have all the regular tunes when I hit program vehicle and if I keep scrolling through them I get to the sotf tunes. Have no idea how the ngauge is, but would imagine it similar.

As far as the egt don't think there is a real accurate solution yet. My egt read out plugged into the egr plug reads 568 and above, but I don't know how accurate that is. If you need accuracy might want to stick with a manual gauge. I run warhammer sotf, hard for me to try any others!!

KCCO

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.